Facebook has been making a lot of changes to their platform, adding more features and functionality, to the point where your company’s Facebook Fan Page is almost an entirely different website than your company’s main website.
If you haven’t done so already, creating a Facebook Fan Page for your business is a great way to build your brand, as well as drive traffic and awareness towards your website. It’s free to set up a Fan Page so other than “time”, there is no reason why you shouldn't set one up. To make it even easier, Facebook provides online “wizards” that will guide you in setting it up.
While it is true that the more fans that your Page has, the more traffic you can potentially drive towards your external website, it is the Quality of your fan base that will provide you with the best traffic to your website. The more targeted your fan base, the better the interaction you will have on you Fan Page. Here are five tactics you can use to attract more fans on your Facebook Page:
- Community Influencers – Facebook enables you to invite your friends and contacts to the Page. Don’t spam your contact list! Use this feature wisely – who are the influencers in your community? Identify some of these influential people and invite them to not only “like” your page, but to invite others they know, as well. You may be surprised at how quickly your fan base can grow, with just a few of these Community Influencers “spreading the word”.
- “Go Viral” - …by leveraging your presence on other websites. Do you use other social media platforms? Use your profiles in other social networking sites like Twitter or LinkedIn to talk about your Page. Use your blog or website to make those you interact with more aware of your page. It may sound simple, but 63% of business owners who have this ability, fail to use – consistency is key!
- Provide Regular Updates – every time you make a post you provide an opportunity for you community to get to know you, and to have the opportunity to interact with you – and that is the point, after all. You want to have people responding to your content, commenting on it / “talking” about it with you on the page, and sharing it with members of their communities.
- “Buy Your Friends” – well, not exactly…but Facebook currently has one of the best, most highly targeted advertising platforms of all of the social media platforms out there. Because Facebook asks a lot of detailed information when individual users set up their own profiles, you have the potential to target “who sees your ad” to those whom you feel are most likely to actually be interested in your ad. If you want to find people who play tennis and went to Rice University, and now live in the Northeastern United States – you can.
- Widgets and Buttons - Facebook provides widgets and buttons that you can use on all of your external websites…and you can provide them to people to include on their websites, as well. By getting permission to place your button or widget on other websites, you are increasing the probability that more people will find your page and experience the content. If they like the content, they will be likely to join your page, and might even tell others about it as well.
For more information, please visit Chris's TNNWC Bio.
Powered By TNNWC Group™For complete tactical and strategic business planning, marketing, media, lead-generation, technological and capital resources, scalable solutions and tools to support every entrepreneurial start-up, young enterprise, small- to medium-sized business and emerging high-growth company, talk to The National Networker Companies™/ TNNWC Group, LLC.
We are a collaborative entrepreneurial, creative organization offering you hands-on, personalized assistance in every aspect of achieving your monetization, profitability and financial sustainability objectives, domestically and globally.
We don’t just coach you or offer you pre-packaged, push-button solutions – we listen to you, analyze your exact needs, and work within your budget to: 1) create your tool kit and 2) work as your partner to implement your plan by supporting you in the most efficient and productive use of every tool.
Visit our website, which is located at http://www.TNNWC.com .
To receive our newsletters, publications, information bulletins and alerts, simply join us as a Member. Membership is free and the benefits are unequalled anywhere.
Just go to our home page, and click on the “JOIN US” button.
Capital, Traffic Building, International Customers and unique SERVICES.
The National Networker Publications™ produced by TNNWC Group, LLC
Forward/Share This Article With Colleagues And Social Media: