TNNWC ENTREPRENEURIAL PUBLICATIONS

TNNWC Publications And Informational Products Division publishes The National Networker (TNNWC) Weekly Newsletter and The BLUE TUESDAY Report especially for entrepreneurs and early-stage venturers; free weekly subscriptions to these informative publications are available online to all entrepreneurial Members of TNNWC.

Membership in TNNWC is free (it's automatic for any subscriber to any TNNWC Publication) and available at our website. When you arrive there, just click on any of the JOIN US or BECOME a MEMBER buttons or links.

Sunday, November 08, 2009

NETWORKING FUN FOR THE INTROVERTED: That's TMI

Networking Fun for the Introverted
with Wendy Kovitz

Twitter, what were you thinking? LinkedIn was supposed to be my sanitized cyber resume. My make-up, dark-colored suit and "Yes, I can interview with you at 11 am this Thursday" personae. Sure, it's always gotten the least of my attention. Probably because it's just so gosh-darn bland. Everything is so black and white there, just like a resume. You read a dozen of them and they all start to look alike.

But Twitter, be it 140 characters of utterly pointless drivel, poignant commentary or a juicy red-hot rant, is 3-D with smellovision. You know who you're dealing with and what makes them tick. Unless you only follow the "biggins" who are out to sell you something. I like people who can keep it real even over the expanse of cyber space. I enjoy hearing who's had a G-d awful day or who's laid up with the flu. Not that I enjoy the misery of others, but I find the willingness to share the good, the bad and the ugly with friends, strangers and stalkers alike so much more personable than a LinkedIn exchange. (Note that I am not talking about creepy and dangerous stalkers, merely those Google-happy people that find you much more interesting than you find yourself.)

If I like the line in the sand between professional and personal, why would I even think of using my Tweets to update my LinkedIn status? Well, first of all, you have the choice of shooting all of your Tweets red-robin right over. "No, thanks. Really. That's TMI." Honestly, I think it's my inner voice telling me that it's okay to embrace my uniqueness - for an introvert that's pretty scary stuff. It's okay to have an opinion on issues. Not everyone will agree with you or like you, no matter how hard you try. It's all the stuff we tell our kids but otherwise seem to ignore in our day-to-day existence.

Frankly, I'm getting a bit tired of maintaining a separate unique me in facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. My advice is simple: live your conscience, make your mark and everything else will fall into place.

I'll leave you with one link from a Twitter pal named @JimmyElliot, a young college kid who believes that love can change the world. He started @holdingofwrists to reach out to young people struggling with day to day existence, especially those battling depression. It reminds me that we're all connected, and that's a good thing.




For more information, please visit Wendy's TNNW Bio.

- Wendy Kovitz
The Book Of Ara - Fictional Fantasy Memoirs
Twitter - @wlkovitz

Published by THE NATIONAL NETWORKER Newsletter. All rights reserved. Subscribe Free For Your TNNW Newsletter and THE BLUE MONDAY REPORT! - Click HERE.
The National Networker Companies
Forward/Share This Article With Colleagues And Social Media:
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Blog Archive

BNI News Feed

The Emergence of The Relationship Economy

The Emergence of The Relationship Economy
The Emergence of the Relationship Economy features TNNWC Founder, Adam J. Kovitz as a contributing author and contains some of his early work on The Laws of Relationship Capital. The book is available in hardcopy and e-book formats. With a forward written by Doc Searls (of Cluetrain Manifesto fame), it is considered a "must read" for anyone responsible for the strategic direction of their business. If you would like to purchase your own copy, please click the image above.

Knowledge@Wharton













Site Credits:


Featured in Alltop
ALLTOP Business
News Wire. HOT.
Cool Javascript codes for websites
KeepandShare.com(R)  Fabulous Free Calendars

Create FREE graphics at FlamingText.com