TNNWC ENTREPRENEURIAL PUBLICATIONS

TNNWC Publications And Informational Products Division publishes The National Networker (TNNWC) Weekly Newsletter and The BLUE TUESDAY Report especially for entrepreneurs and early-stage venturers; free weekly subscriptions to these informative publications are available online to all entrepreneurial Members of TNNWC.

Membership in TNNWC is free (it's automatic for any subscriber to any TNNWC Publication) and available at our website. When you arrive there, just click on any of the JOIN US or BECOME a MEMBER buttons or links.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

REAL ESTATE… AND OTHER THINGS OF VALUE: What Can I Tell You - That You Don't Already Know

Real Estate… And Other Things of Value with Yossi Feigenson


I have nothing important to say that you probably haven’t already heard. I have nothing to think that I haven’t already thought. So why should you bother reading this? A better question yet: why am I bothering to write this?

And what is the “this” anyway? Am I giving you some new insight that will help you in your day to day life? Will it help you in your business? Will I teach you a new skill? Or will I help articulate and clarify an idea that may have been stirring in the recesses of your mind, based on reading my article?

Here’s the problem: I’m a writer – at least that is what Uncle Douglas once said to me – and when he says stuff, he really means it. So I have to drum out an essay or two every so often. Mostly it’s incumbent upon me to enlighten you, my dear readers, to a new insight or idea that will undoubtedly enhance you quality of life immeasurably. Yet, all I think about is what I don’t want to write about.

Lately there hasn’t been a blog that I wanted to read, or someone’s opinion that I’m even remotely interested in, (unless, of course it’s a favorable opinion of yours truly). In that I have an acute and intense interest.

I’ve heard all the opinions about our economy. No longer do I want to hear how bad it is, and I don’t believe it when they say there’s improvement. By no means am I a full blown pessimist. Quite the contrary, I’ve been known to be an idealistic, hopelessly optimistic soul, who thinks that somehow everything will work out in the end. Perhaps it’s my faith.

Any form of dialogue I engage in, written or oral, needs to be natural and organic. My most favorably received articles were the ones I wrote without much form or central message (somewhat like my favorite show, Seinfeld) but came from the heart.

I’m looking for real. I’m seeking for truth. If I detect an ulterior motive, I run.

I simply stopped paying attention to anything that I consider noise. It’s quiet reflection and thought I seek. (See my previous article.) I continue to learn, study, and find entertainment where I’m not being sold.

And, by the way, I believe in the need to market and self promote. Without a doubt we need to engage in business relationships that have other motives. I do it relentlessly. But, it’s crucial to make your intentions clear: We’re here to talk business, and what we each want out of this is some form of monetary gain.

I’ll let you in on a little secret. Remember back when I told you that I’m an idealistic sort? Well, it’s made me super conscious of the blurry lines between real relationships and the advantage garnering connections. In a sense, I have to be vigilant and protect myself from myself.

We are able to learn and absorb information more effectively when it’s not being shoved into us. The 7 tips about this, 5 rules of that and the 10 things you need to know about everything begin to really feel hollow and simply don’t penetrate. Insight comes when we’re not trying so hard. I challenge you to take a prospective client or business associate out for a cup of coffee or lunch and discuss anything but the business at hand. You may glean more insight than if you were asking specific questions. Ever notice how doctors often ask questions that seem to have no bearing on your specific condition? They are looking for information that you may not readily give, or you may deem as unimportant.

Let us connect to the essence.


For more information, please visit Yossi's TNNWC Bio.




The National Networker Companies™ and TNNWC Group, LLC
Empowering Emerging Enterprises”
Membership in TNNWC’s Global Interactive Cooperative Business Community is free of charge and entitles you to receive both The National Networker Newsletter and The BLUE TUESDAY Report, as well as access to our unparalleled Suite of Business Services.
Join Us! Simply click on http://bit.ly/JoinTNNWC
Visit our website at http://www.TheNationalNetworker.com
Forward/Share This Article With Colleagues And Social Media:
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Blog Archive

BNI News Feed

The Emergence of The Relationship Economy

The Emergence of The Relationship Economy
The Emergence of the Relationship Economy features TNNWC Founder, Adam J. Kovitz as a contributing author and contains some of his early work on The Laws of Relationship Capital. The book is available in hardcopy and e-book formats. With a forward written by Doc Searls (of Cluetrain Manifesto fame), it is considered a "must read" for anyone responsible for the strategic direction of their business. If you would like to purchase your own copy, please click the image above.

Knowledge@Wharton













Site Credits:


Featured in Alltop
ALLTOP Business
News Wire. HOT.
Cool Javascript codes for websites
KeepandShare.com(R)  Fabulous Free Calendars

Create FREE graphics at FlamingText.com