TNNWC ENTREPRENEURIAL PUBLICATIONS

TNNWC Publications And Informational Products Division publishes The National Networker (TNNWC) Weekly Newsletter and The BLUE TUESDAY Report especially for entrepreneurs and early-stage venturers; free weekly subscriptions to these informative publications are available online to all entrepreneurial Members of TNNWC.

Membership in TNNWC is free (it's automatic for any subscriber to any TNNWC Publication) and available at our website. When you arrive there, just click on any of the JOIN US or BECOME a MEMBER buttons or links.

Sunday, February 07, 2010

A NOTE FROM THE CHAIRMAN: Five Years of TNNW

On a cold winter day back in 2005 I had this crazy idea of starting the world's first "Consumer Reports of Networking". At the time, I had no Douglas Castle or BUZZWORKS team. I had no website. I had no other writers. I didn't even have my wife, Wendy, helping me...it was just "little 'ol" me.

I wanted to publish my own crazy views of networking, yet I was somewhat (OK...more than somewhat)
frightened of sharing my views with my 900 readers throughout mostly New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Delaware. I had never written anything to such a large group of people and didn't see myself as a writer, let alone a publisher. As it would happen, the very first issue of The Networker, as it was called, did not have any articles, just information about networking events in the area.

Knowing that someday we would earn the right to be called "The National Networker" and knowing that I would have to "come out of my own shell" as a writer/publisher, by the second issue I put out my first article for The Networker called
It's Not Who You Know, It's Who Knows You! Looking back on it, it's kind of embarrassing as to how "plain vanilla" it seems to the stuff I write today - check out my latest in my annual State of the GICBC, 2010 (formerly known as The State of the Industry) and you'll notice the difference for yourself.

And I certainly never thought I would be writing you five years later! More about important milestones in TNNW throughout this month as we celebrate our five year anniversary.

In keeping with the celebration, we have yet a new writer to introduce this week. Brenda Krueger Huffman of the Chicagoland area is a social media and collaboration consultant with considerable background in corporate America, a love for political commentary and a passion for animal welfare. Brenda's new column is entitled The Point and it debuts this week. WELCOME BRENDA!!!

In other news, a few TNNW writers have been recently featured in the Wall Street Journal, featured on BNI New Zealand's blog and are working on an amazing book project. Where can you find out more? Read this week's Update Bulletin!

All my best,



Adam


COMMENT On This Article!

FREE NEWSLETTER

Published by THE NATIONAL NETWORKER Newsletter. All rights reserved. Subscribe Free For Your TNNW Newsletter and THE BLUE MONDAY REPORT! - Click HERE.
The National Networker Companies
Forward/Share This Article With Colleagues And Social Media:
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Blog Archive

BNI News Feed

The Emergence of The Relationship Economy

The Emergence of The Relationship Economy
The Emergence of the Relationship Economy features TNNWC Founder, Adam J. Kovitz as a contributing author and contains some of his early work on The Laws of Relationship Capital. The book is available in hardcopy and e-book formats. With a forward written by Doc Searls (of Cluetrain Manifesto fame), it is considered a "must read" for anyone responsible for the strategic direction of their business. If you would like to purchase your own copy, please click the image above.

Knowledge@Wharton













Site Credits:


Featured in Alltop
ALLTOP Business
News Wire. HOT.
Cool Javascript codes for websites
KeepandShare.com(R)  Fabulous Free Calendars

Create FREE graphics at FlamingText.com