TNNWC ENTREPRENEURIAL PUBLICATIONS

TNNWC Publications And Informational Products Division publishes The National Networker (TNNWC) Weekly Newsletter and The BLUE TUESDAY Report especially for entrepreneurs and early-stage venturers; free weekly subscriptions to these informative publications are available online to all entrepreneurial Members of TNNWC.

Membership in TNNWC is free (it's automatic for any subscriber to any TNNWC Publication) and available at our website. When you arrive there, just click on any of the JOIN US or BECOME a MEMBER buttons or links.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

THE ENTREPRENEURIAL GUIDE TO ENTERTAINMENT: Serious About Playing Games

The Entrepreneurial Guide to Entertainment
with Sandy McKee

My family was always serious about playing games. We’d get the entire clan together weekly to play everything from backyard baseball to Pinochle to Yahtzee. In the summer, we’d play almost daily. I moved a few thousand miles away when I went off to college; but, the family played on. They still play together to this day.

As for me, when the early arcade video games came out (remember Pong and Space Invaders?), I took to them instantly and played for hours until I mastered them. From there I moved on to Commando, Operation Wolf, and other shooting games. I didn’t give up board games, though. In law school, when we were studying for finals, we’d hit the books for 55 minutes, and then take a 5 minute Boggle break. We did this for days on end. Our motto was, “When you work, work hard. When you play, play hard.” That pretty much sums up my philosophy.

I didn’t let a busy career and growing family interfere with my game time. In fact, the kids were a blessing. If questioned about my hours of play, I could always say I was bonding with the children. Yeah, right! Then why did I continue to play long after they were asleep? Because practice makes perfect, of course. That’s why today I’m a Pokémon Master while others, sadly, are not.

The only blot on my gaming record was the time my best friend banned me from playing Monopoly in her home. She took offense at the three-way deals I’d orchestrate with the other players to bankrupt her. She played for fun; I played to win. Winning is fun, so I really didn’t see what the problem was.

Today I play a variety of online games in the “Casual Gaming” category. I’m not sure the word “casual” applies to me, though. I can spend six hours or more a night trying out a variety of games. And, before you judge me or send therapists to my door, add up the time you spend in front of the TV or at the local coffeehouse or doing mindless things (like housework or your job) and see if you still have the right to throw that stone.


For more information, please visit Sandy's TNNW Bio.


Published by THE NATIONAL NETWORKER Newsletter. All rights reserved. Subscribe Free - Click HERE.
The National Networker Companies

Forward/Share This Article With Colleagues And Social Media:
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Blog Archive

BNI News Feed

The Emergence of The Relationship Economy

The Emergence of The Relationship Economy
The Emergence of the Relationship Economy features TNNWC Founder, Adam J. Kovitz as a contributing author and contains some of his early work on The Laws of Relationship Capital. The book is available in hardcopy and e-book formats. With a forward written by Doc Searls (of Cluetrain Manifesto fame), it is considered a "must read" for anyone responsible for the strategic direction of their business. If you would like to purchase your own copy, please click the image above.

Knowledge@Wharton













Site Credits:


Featured in Alltop
ALLTOP Business
News Wire. HOT.
Cool Javascript codes for websites
KeepandShare.com(R)  Fabulous Free Calendars

Create FREE graphics at FlamingText.com