TNNWC ENTREPRENEURIAL PUBLICATIONS

TNNWC Publications And Informational Products Division publishes The National Networker (TNNWC) Weekly Newsletter and The BLUE TUESDAY Report especially for entrepreneurs and early-stage venturers; free weekly subscriptions to these informative publications are available online to all entrepreneurial Members of TNNWC.

Membership in TNNWC is free (it's automatic for any subscriber to any TNNWC Publication) and available at our website. When you arrive there, just click on any of the JOIN US or BECOME a MEMBER buttons or links.

Sunday, January 25, 2009

NETWORKING YOUR WEBSITE: How I Used Online Social Networks to Announce a New Website

Networking Your Website with Rita Wilhelm

I had the opportunity to purchase a Craigslist Search Engine, which basically allows you to easily search all of Craigslist, rather than have to search city by city.


The site is called CraigZoom. It’s a brand new site, and as a new owner, it was my job to get the word out. I decided the best way to initially proceed, was to use the online social networks that I had in place.


Here is an explanation on how I used 5 different online social networks to help get the word out about CraigZoom.


1) My Blog - My blog was an obvious place to start. My blog’s RSS feed has already been submitted to many RSS directories, and my RSS feed URL address is already set up on many of the different social networks that I belong to. By having networked my RSS feed, I was able to multiply what I wrote on my blog, to appear all over the internet.

2) LinkedIn - I have a network on LinkedIn of 90 some people. I choose to keep a smaller network on LinkedIn, because I want that particular network to be one of people I really DO know, or people I really HAVE had dealings with. So, it was relatively easy to go through all my contacts to let them know about CraigZoom. I asked them if they would help spread the word. Many of them did.

3) Twitter – I have a Twitter ‘following’ of about 300 people. I usually ‘follow’ everyone who follows me. What I like about Twitter, is that you can announce a simple one line message. That message is then posted on the Twitter pages of all the people who follow you. Even the people that you follow, will have a link back to your Twitter page. Additionally, because I had networked my Twitter’s RSS feed in a similar fashion as I did with my blog, my Twitter posts show up all over the internet in different places such as FriendFeed and Facebook.


4) TwitterMoms - I belong to many online communities. One that I really like is TwitterMoms. The TwitterMoms network is hosted on Ning (which is a social networking platform that is free to use). Ning provides some amazing networking tools. For instance, in TwitterMom I can join groups, participate in the community discussions, and I can have another blog within that community.

What makes the TwitterMom community interesting, in that these are all moms. Mom’s tend to be communicators, which is always great for word of mouth. And, these are all mom’s who are also on Twitter, which means they have their own networks in place. TwitterMoms also happens to have a group, in which moms ask other moms for ‘Tweets’. ( This basically means other moms will pass on your message to their networks for you). Because I participate in a win/win way on that community, I had several people who were happy to Twitter a message to their networks about CraigZoom.

5) Lynn Terry’s Forum - I belong to another online group, which is part of a paid membership. I pay to enjoy the benefits of a group that proactively helps each of the members in the group. It’s sort of like an online mastermind group. I told the members there about CraigZoom and asked if they could help spread the word. Many of them blogged, twittered, and ‘Stumbled’ ( StumbleUpon ) the site to help get the word out.

These were just a few of the strategies I implemented in the first week of owning CraigZoom. I was very happy with the results. The traffic to the site immediately went up, and it has been growing steady every since.



Rita Wilhelm is founder and president of SnapMonkey Inc, which is a company that provides both online marketing consulting to businesses, as well as easy-to-use web-based technologies to help businesses effectively promote themselves on the web.


___________________________________________________________

Posted to THE NATIONAL NETWORKER. To subscribe for your free newsletter, go to www.TheNationalNetworker.com. For the complete National Networker Relationship Capital Toolkit and a free, continuous RSS feed (available either by traditional RSS or by direct email), go to: http://thenationalnetworkerweblog.blogspot.com. You are also invited to click our buttons:
The NATIONAL NETWORKER Toolkit
TNNW WEBSITE

Forward/Share This Article With Colleagues And Social Media:
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Blog Archive

BNI News Feed

The Emergence of The Relationship Economy

The Emergence of The Relationship Economy
The Emergence of the Relationship Economy features TNNWC Founder, Adam J. Kovitz as a contributing author and contains some of his early work on The Laws of Relationship Capital. The book is available in hardcopy and e-book formats. With a forward written by Doc Searls (of Cluetrain Manifesto fame), it is considered a "must read" for anyone responsible for the strategic direction of their business. If you would like to purchase your own copy, please click the image above.

Knowledge@Wharton













Site Credits:


Featured in Alltop
ALLTOP Business
News Wire. HOT.
Cool Javascript codes for websites
KeepandShare.com(R)  Fabulous Free Calendars

Create FREE graphics at FlamingText.com