TNNWC ENTREPRENEURIAL PUBLICATIONS

TNNWC Publications And Informational Products Division publishes The National Networker (TNNWC) Weekly Newsletter and The BLUE TUESDAY Report especially for entrepreneurs and early-stage venturers; free weekly subscriptions to these informative publications are available online to all entrepreneurial Members of TNNWC.

Membership in TNNWC is free (it's automatic for any subscriber to any TNNWC Publication) and available at our website. When you arrive there, just click on any of the JOIN US or BECOME a MEMBER buttons or links.

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Balance in an Unsteady World

By Sian Lindemann
Arts & Entertainment Editor


Very rarely do I react to the news, ie World News Tonight, MSN, ABC or others, as I believe media today is inflated, reactionary and grossly sensationalized. I am not aware of how, you, our readers react to this kind of content, but in response to our beloved (and this is sincerely “tongue in cheek”), “leader” George Bush, I have had many thoughts throughout the evening and morning, as we embark on a very dangerous road….based on decisions being made FOR the American people today.


Today I have an appreciation for the clarity and genuine results procured by those previously in office, Bill Clinton.


(Now I admit I was very disturbed by his past involvement with sexual misconduct, and quite honestly, I could care less what kind of agreements he has in place with his wife.)


If Hilary tolerates this kind of behavior from her husband, that is completely and solely her choice…..I just wish he had stated the truth about it..


I could care less how he chooses to “get off,” but at least be willing to tell the truth, in reference to it. I believe he and WE learned a lot from that scenario…We still love him, and appreciate his current activities as it relates to the environment and “clean energy” development, regardless of his temporary imperfections, of the past.….)


The good news with the selection of those that we have to choose from, for our political future, as to who is going to define our leadership over the next 4 years, I think it is deeply essential for all of us to recognize..

If you don’t know anything about Entrepreneurialism, its time to learn;

If you don’t make enough money to cover your bills, basic necessities and food, its time to add a new division to your activities, that becomes a revenue producing activity. You can cross over into your social agenda to include this option, and make it FUN, but choose to include a new and additional source of income to yourself….( At this time I am suggesting FOOD, Check out http://www.sunrider.com/)food-related industries, and food products that are nourishing, and enable good health) And I strongly suggest that the business in this arena that you might choose not be limited to sales in the United States……as your mass market of middle to low income families will have just dried up…..as of tomorrow;

Take responsibility for your own life;

Eat crow if necessary. I have spent many of the last years engaged in a business that provides service to the elite, Home Care Services, cleaning, landscaping, and many other add on services….The truth be known, I never spent one minute in search of my next meal, coffee, or other basics while engaged in that industry. And I’ve been more marginalized this last year and a half since I left that industry….hmm? The only issue in the way of reconstructing that company is my EGO…and there is not much of that left here now…George Bush just took care of that for me…


Thoughts of a second Great Depression are not an option for ….Resiliency, tenacity and a willingness to take “massive” action are now essential for each and every one of us;


I love art and will continue to promote, cultivate and develop artists, but I am assured that I will be including additional “outside” revenue, as one cannot EAT a painting and although I am the first to acknowledge the need for Food for the Soul, I believe that real FOOD will be the first priority;


I’ve already let go of the luxury of owning and operating a vehicle, and as a demonstration of my roots, will be trading my car for the delightful consideration of walking or “horseback,” or horse – drawn carriage. It will certainly take longer, but giving up the pleasure of paying $5.00 a gallon for gas is now past tense;


Continuing my cultivation, understanding, and appreciation of “other” cultures..ie China looks pretty good as does adventure into the Middle East, i.e., Dubai.


I think it timely, and of valid consideration to think on the topics presented here today. I know that it deviates from the topic of HOW to succeed in the arts, but as “creatives” or “intuitives,” it is essential to really listen to what you can do, personally to apply those skills in what may be a very trying future, for us as a country, the USA, subject to our current political structure. Fascinating to discover that all companies given to George Bush to run, were “run” into the ground. Seems the USA is now in that line up.


Lastly I wish to share a great little analogy to what I ask of you today…to dig deep, to allow your intuition to be enabled, and to “listen” for opportunities that might bypass the masses…


Brooks Anderson, another of my clients, and extremely fine landscape painter, just shared with me a great story from the time of the Great Depression.


One man while lined up in what seemed an endless line of those seeking employment, the man was distracted by a tapping sound he heard.


It just so happened that this man was privy to the knowledge of “morse code”


The message was, “If you can hear this message, approach Door # 3 which the man subsequently did. He found employment immediately as an interpretor of Morse Code was thus, employed.


As always, listen for opportunities, and TAKE immediate action. It may well serve your future in ways you could not have imagined.Thank you for allowing me my self indulgence today, and I wish you continued success, now and always.


Sian Lindemann

October 2008


Forward/Share This Article With Colleagues And Social Media:
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Blog Archive

BNI News Feed

The Emergence of The Relationship Economy

The Emergence of The Relationship Economy
The Emergence of the Relationship Economy features TNNWC Founder, Adam J. Kovitz as a contributing author and contains some of his early work on The Laws of Relationship Capital. The book is available in hardcopy and e-book formats. With a forward written by Doc Searls (of Cluetrain Manifesto fame), it is considered a "must read" for anyone responsible for the strategic direction of their business. If you would like to purchase your own copy, please click the image above.

Knowledge@Wharton













Site Credits:


Featured in Alltop
ALLTOP Business
News Wire. HOT.
Cool Javascript codes for websites
KeepandShare.com(R)  Fabulous Free Calendars

Create FREE graphics at FlamingText.com