TNNWC ENTREPRENEURIAL PUBLICATIONS

TNNWC Publications And Informational Products Division publishes The National Networker (TNNWC) Weekly Newsletter and The BLUE TUESDAY Report especially for entrepreneurs and early-stage venturers; free weekly subscriptions to these informative publications are available online to all entrepreneurial Members of TNNWC.

Membership in TNNWC is free (it's automatic for any subscriber to any TNNWC Publication) and available at our website. When you arrive there, just click on any of the JOIN US or BECOME a MEMBER buttons or links.

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Friendship: Virtually Speaking

There are many wonderful aspects of online social networking, my birthday post is (sort of) about one of them.


Before you get out the tissue box in preparation for a melodramatic, heart-warming story fit for Lifetime-- ain't happening. I'm 39 today (although the "Libra-dometer" went off in MySpace a couple of weeks ago) and quite happy about it. Life is good. I've learned to accept my strengths and work on my weaknesses.


I like MySpace. Where else is there the possibility or reaching out to roughly 200 million folkes TODAY. Sure there may be other more (or less) proper and professional places to meet people and network. I could ramble off a gazillion, but I'll spare you. Many people are writing about the "depths" of perceived friendships on social networking sites. And do they really mean anything. Some mention should go to the gal on MySpace with a million (maybe more) friends who got catapulted into celebrity status in the "mainstream" media. Someday, I hope to meet her, but for now she's more of a legend.


Many, many people spam me. That's the nature of the game. I'm here to network and meet people just like everyone else. When the glamour gals send me spam photos to push their product, service or whatever it is, I'm thinking about responding with a picture of my well-endowed wise ass, stretch marks and all instead of blacklisting them. What do you think?


This morning, My Birthday, I get a bulletin from a young man whom I know virtually nothing about that says "Read this, Bi&*ch!". Excuse me? My last act as his "friend" was respond to his bulletin that only people that KNOW me have EARNED the right to call me a Bi&*ch. Then deleted our short-lived friendship.

I don't mind when a spade is called a spade, but friendship is about learning the whole deck of cards.


I'm a collaborator. I enjoy connecting people and technology. That's what I do. That's what MySpace does. And that's my sand (soap) box.

-Wendy Kovitz

Cyberian, muse, Libra'

VP of Research and Development
The National Networker
Forward/Share This Article With Colleagues And Social Media:
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Blog Archive

BNI News Feed

The Emergence of The Relationship Economy

The Emergence of The Relationship Economy
The Emergence of the Relationship Economy features TNNWC Founder, Adam J. Kovitz as a contributing author and contains some of his early work on The Laws of Relationship Capital. The book is available in hardcopy and e-book formats. With a forward written by Doc Searls (of Cluetrain Manifesto fame), it is considered a "must read" for anyone responsible for the strategic direction of their business. If you would like to purchase your own copy, please click the image above.

Knowledge@Wharton













Site Credits:


Featured in Alltop
ALLTOP Business
News Wire. HOT.
Cool Javascript codes for websites
KeepandShare.com(R)  Fabulous Free Calendars

Create FREE graphics at FlamingText.com