My name is Rob Brown. I'm based in the UK and am the founder of the Global Networking Council. This is a high-level, invitation-only ‘mastermind’ group for thought leaders, authors, experts, facilitators and gurus on the topics of business networking, relationship building, trust, connecting and referrals. Part of my role is to interview these top relationship thought leaders and share with you their insights and tips for building social, financial and relationship capital.
In this fourth interview for our 'Conversations That Count' series, check out this entertaining 20 minute interview with Susan RoAne, The Mingling Maven®, who is credited with launching the networking industry! Because of her groundbreaking best-seller, How to Work a Room®, Susan is considered one of the most influential networking and business communication experts. She has sold over a million books worldwide, and helped launch an industry that she continues to recreate and shape today.
Susan is a true pioneer when it comes to networking. Much of the training that networking gurus deliver around the world on getting more out of business related events has come from her work. In this outstanding interview on How to Work a Room, you'll discover:
- That if you don't like people, all the tips, strategies and tactics of networking will mean nothing.
- The common networking mistakes people make.
- What the top savvy networkers do when they don't actually need anything.
- Why knowing how to work a room is NOT networking.
- The wonders of The Networking Trilogy.
- The Networking Law of One Step Removed.
- The importance of reclaiming the personal touch in a digital world.
- How technology has affected the world of business networking.
- Susan's top 'schmoozing' tips.
- The secret of always having something to talk about.
- A clever tip to take the focus off you and make people feel great.
- How to have a good time everytime you go networking.
- Insight into international networking in different cultures.
- The magic of finding that bond that changes a networking conversation.
- What NOT to do in a networking conversation.
- The danger of asking people too many networking questions.
- The 'Networking OAR' for magical networking conversations.
- Why you should have your 7-9 second networking introduction ready and waiting.
- What to do if you forget somebody's name.
Listen to the interview here
For more information, please visit Rob's TNNWC Bio.
For complete tactical and strategic business planning, marketing, media, lead-generation, technological and capital resources, scalable solutions and tools to support every entrepreneurial start-up, young enterprise, small- to medium-sized business and emerging high-growth company, talk to the Advisors and Experts at TNNWC Group, LLC. We are a collaborative entrepreneurial, creative organization offering you hands-on, personalized assistance in every aspect of achieving your monetization, profitability and financial sustainability objectives, domestically and globally. We don’t just “coach” you or offer you pre-packaged, push-button solutions – we listen to you, analyze your exact needs, and work within your scale of operations and your budget to: (1) create your optimal tool kit , and (2) work as your partner (with our sleeves rolled up) to implement your plan by supporting you in the most efficient and productive use of every tool. Visit our website, which is located at http://www.TNNWC.com To receive your Free Subscription to our critically- acclaimed business newsletters, publications, information bulletins and alerts, simply join us as a Member. Two of our most widely-read publications include The National Networker (TNNWC) Weekly Newsletter, and The BLUE TUESDAY Report. Every Subscriber automatically receives Free Membership. Membership will grant you access to our unique suite of business planning, business-building, business promotion, business cost-reduction, business capitalization and strategic planning services, as well as entry to our expert management consulting services. These benefits are unequalled anywhere. Just go to our home page, and click on the “JOIN US” button. Find out about what WE can do for YOUR growing enterprise -- we are recognized advocates, champions, thought-leaders, writers and keynote speakers on such timely subjects as social networking and relationship-building, traffic -building, social media buzz, branding, developing international trading and joint venture relationships -- and structuring and obtaining alternative forms of capitalization. We are on top of every significant business, regulatory, technological, social and consumer trend worldwide. At TNNWC, we have a specific orientation: We Solve Problems. We Help Our Clients To Achieve Their Goals And Objectives. Prosperity. Peace. Collaboration. Sustainable Solutions For Continuous Growth™. Subscribe. Join Us. Visit Us. http://www.tnnwc.com/. You can access our free supplemental RSS FEED by clicking *HERE*
Forward/Share This Article With Colleagues And Social Media: