What are the traits of a person who networks at the highest level and who gets results? Those people that seem to have a business based on referral and have many friends and resources are often the best networkers. They meet people they know wherever they go and find that every stranger is a potential new friend. How do they do this and what qualities to do they possess? I believe that these people do this because they genuinely like people and have the following abilities:
- The ability to be always be networking. They are never off duty and are always talking to the person in front of them or in back of them in a line or at a coffee shop. They are the person who starts a conversation with the person who is giving them a haircut, or with the man or woman standing in front of them in line t the bank or just about anywhere. They are always on.
- They have a smile and positive attitude. Positive people attract others like magnets. This brings referrals, friendships and so much more. They exude happiness and are happy to give first.
- They have great listening skills. These are the people who ask open ended questions and make eye contact with the people they are talking with. They do more listening than talking and they are genuinely interested and interesting.
- They are resourceful. Good networkers have an arsenal of other people they can refer to others for personal and professional needs and are willing to share these resources.
- They follow-up on referrals with the people they meet. The send cards, make calls, write emails, set and keep dates for personal visits and make sure that they keep in touch with the people they know.
- They are organized and look at networking as a valuable part of their business plan. Networking events are part of their schedule and they are selective about the events they attend.
- They are prepared, Good networkers always have business cards with them, a notebook to take notes about the people they meet, they dress professionally and they consistently network with others regardless of whether they need to or not.
- They are trustworthy. Good networkers know the value of reputation and they make sure that people think well of them and they never speak badly of others. They can be relied upon to do what they say and say what they will do.
- They express thanks to those who help them and give them referrals. This is critical to being a good networker.
- They belong to several networking organizations, association and groups and take positions of leadership.
- They are good public speakers. They give freely of their time to organizations and share their expertise with others.
- They have a good 30 second commercial or elevator pitch that is memorable so that others know what they do and can easily refer them.
- They spend time in places where they know their target market is likely to be and create power partners.
- They enjoy helping others. Good networkers really enjoy mentoring others and giving of themselves. They often take time with others to share information and make others feel important.
- They are students of personal growth. Good networkers are always learning and growing. They take courses, work with coaches, listen to books on tape, keep up with current events and love learning.
Rhonda L Sher: The Sloganator Rhonda L Sher was born talking. She fell in love with words as a child and has never stopped communicating since. Her father once commented that she was vaccinated with a phonograph needle. Not only has Rhonda inherited her father's humor, but it's that quick wit that has become the signature that has helped propel her clients to stardom.Acclaimed Keynote and workshop leader, Rhonda has authored two books, "The 2 Minute Networker" and "The ABC's of LinkedIn," "Get LinkedIn or Get Left Out" as well as numerous action guides, articles, workbooks, jingles and corporate slogans.
In addition to writing, Rhonda uses her gift of gab as a featured keynote speaker, consultant and corporate trainer throughout North America. She has successfully taught hundreds of business men and women on the art of business networking and written hundreds of elevator pitches and slogans.Rhonda's greatest talent lies in her ability to create fabulously catchy slogans that are memorable, upbeat, easy to repeat and create instant brand identification. In addition to the books, audio and video, Rhonda creates slogans and taglines for her clients which are memorable, bring them business and make them, money. She works with you to create a corporate slogan for your business that sets you apart from your competition. Her creativity and energy will tap into your customer's mind and have your phone ringing off the hook with new business.
Rhonda's Products can be previewed at:
Powered By TNNWC Group™For complete tactical and strategic business planning, marketing, media, lead-generation, technological and capital resources, scalable solutions and tools to support every entrepreneurial start-up, young enterprise, small- to medium-sized business and emerging high-growth company, talk to The National Networker Companies™/ TNNWC Group, LLC.
We are a collaborative entrepreneurial, creative organization offering you hands-on, personalized assistance in every aspect of achieving your monetization, profitability and financial sustainability objectives, domestically and globally.
We don’t just coach you or offer you pre-packaged, push-button solutions – we listen to you, analyze your exact needs, and work within your budget to: 1) create your tool kit and 2) work as your partner to implement your plan by supporting you in the most efficient and productive use of every tool.
Visit our website, which is located at http://www.TNNWC.com .
To receive our newsletters, publications, information bulletins and alerts, simply join us as a Member. Membership is free and the benefits are unequalled anywhere.
Just go to our home page, and click on the “JOIN US” button.
Capital, Traffic Building, International Customers and unique SERVICES.
The National Networker Publications™ produced by TNNWC Group, LLC
Forward/Share This Article With Colleagues And Social Media: