This is my first blog post for the TNNW, having been asked by my good friend Adam to contribute to this wonderful community.
My name is Rob Brown. I'm based in the UK and am the founder of the Global Networking Council. This is a high-level, invitation-only ‘mastermind’ group for thought leaders, authors, experts, facilitators and gurus on the topics of business networking, relationship building, trust, connecting and referrals.
Part of my role is to interview these top relationship thought leaders and share with you their insights and tips for building social, financial and relationship capital.
To kick this off, here's an interview I did with the incredible Adam J. Kovitz recently. It lasts around 18 mins and is packed full of some amazing gems about the science and theory of networking. In it you'll discover things like:
- Why networking is simply a flow of information, and how you use it defines you as a networker.
- How to manage data and leverage a network into social and financial capital.
- How physics, resistance and friction can explain whether or not you'll get referrals!
- Why there is no such thing as a born networker (or a born anything)!
- You can analyze and quantify a network, and even predict the behaviour of your network over time.
- Why online networking will never take the place of face to face networking – we will always need the sensation of touch!
- How the global economic crisis and inflation in the price of oil and food means that it becomes more expensive to meet with people face to face.
- Why we are like ‘kids in the candy store’ when it comes to the many ways in which we connect.
- Why the networking future belongs to those who analyze and quantify their network and utilize the many tools available to connect.
- Every network you have is an asset (a constantly evolving portfolio of holdings) that you invest and it pays you.
As Robert Kiyosaki taught us in the stepchange book Rich Dad Poor Dad, a liability costs you, while an asset brings you a return.
In my own role as a networking authority and author, I've long since argued that a network in and of itself is worthless to you. You've got to do something with it.
A network needs leveraging! That either means exploiting it, selling it, selling to it, using it to open doors for you, extracting ideas, support, resources or information from it or playing with it.
Listen to or download this interview with a true thinker in this crucial area, and see what it takes to become a leading networker and connector in your field!
For more information, please visit Rob's TNNWC Bio.
We are a collaborative entrepreneurial, creative organization offering you hands-on, personalized assistance in every aspect of achieving your monetization, profitability and financial sustainability objectives, domestically and globally.
We don’t just coach you or offer you pre-packaged, push-button solutions – we listen to you, analyze your exact needs, and work within your budget to: 1) create your tool kit and 2) work as your partner to implement your plan by supporting you in the most efficient and productive use of every tool.
Visit our website, which is located at http://www.TNNWC.com .
To receive our newsletters, publications, information bulletins and alerts, simply join us as a Member. Membership is free and the benefits are unequalled anywhere.
Just go to our home page, and click on the “JOIN US” button.
Capital, Traffic Building, International Customers and unique SERVICES.
The National Networker Publications™ produced by TNNWC Group, LLC
Forward/Share This Article With Colleagues And Social Media: