TNNWC ENTREPRENEURIAL PUBLICATIONS

TNNWC Publications And Informational Products Division publishes The National Networker (TNNWC) Weekly Newsletter and The BLUE TUESDAY Report especially for entrepreneurs and early-stage venturers; free weekly subscriptions to these informative publications are available online to all entrepreneurial Members of TNNWC.

Membership in TNNWC is free (it's automatic for any subscriber to any TNNWC Publication) and available at our website. When you arrive there, just click on any of the JOIN US or BECOME a MEMBER buttons or links.

Monday, November 01, 2010

A NOTE FROM THE FOUNDER: Tug of War


Tug of War

by Adam J. Kovitz

I am not a politician.  In fact, I hate politics, especially in today's climate and being just days before a major election here in the U.S.

As an entrepreneur, I don't have time to waste with politics as I have a business to run, yet no matter where you go, it seems almost impossible to escape.  Like many who are reading this, I'm not big enough to afford a lobbyist to buy any favor and I'm too small to make much of a difference other than committing myself to vote.

Unfortunately, none of the politicians I know have a clue what to do about small business, entrepreneurs and emerging enterprises.  From the most left-winged, pinko-communist, "tax and spend" liberals to the most religious-right, family-values, conservative nut-job, it seems that all they know to do is fund more programs to empower banks to lend more money...this is not the answer.

So I try to stay away from it all...yet can't.  I am being inundated with every "wave the bloody shirt" campaign out there over the TV, internet and traditional mail.  I can only imagine the money spent on campaigning alone - it must be enough to at least fund several states' emergency unemployment programs, fund several entrepreneurial concerns or fund programs to help the poor and needy.

Feeling, as many do, of being caught in the middle of this tug of war, I was delighted to watch the live simulcast of John Stewart and Stephen Colbert's Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear.  It was a "breath of fresh air for me" as it hit upon three of my main entertainment staples:  comedy, music (musicians featured were the Roots, Yussif a.k.a., Cat Stevens, Ozzy Osbourne, the O'Jays, Mavis Staples, Jeff Tweedy, Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow) as well as science fiction (obvious nerd-o-riffic references to "Star Trek" as well as a guest appearance of R2-D2).  The rally also spoke for those who are tired of the polarizing effects of politics through the lens of media.  Toward the end, Stewart, in his address to the audience said one thing that impacted me:  "If we amplify everything, we hear nothing."

That's exactly where this entrepreneur is.  At this point, I really don't care who wins.  I just know that after November 2nd, I can rest knowing that half my mail won't be laden with political rhetoric and campaign promises that hold as much water as a New Year's resolution.  I have stopped believing that government is going to solve any of my issues or those of other emerging enterprises so I am doing my best to disengage myself from the tug of war as there are no real solutions there...just distractions.

I have made up my mind to play my own game, invite as many of my friends, acquaintances, entrepreneurs, folks who understand and many more not just in the U.S., but across the globe.  Together, we will create a new game that's fair and has our best interests at heart.  This new game is called TNNWC and I'm glad you could make it.

All my best,

Adam

www.TNNWC.com
http://adamjkovitz.blogspot.com

Membership is FREE!The NATIONAL NETWORKER™The BLUE TUESDAY Report™The NATIONAL NEWSPICKER™LEFT, RIGHT and CENTER™Specialized Financing & Credit EnhancementEmerging Enterprises Venture Capital Program™Merchant Payment Processing SolutionsNews Releases, Publicity and Public RelationsBUZZWORKS™ - Branding and Social Media DominationMarket Research, Surveys and PollsAssessment ToolsBLOGWORKS™ - Expand Your Search Engine Presence, Positioning and CredibilityAdvertise with Us!Selected Service ProvidersInternational Connections Service - Go GlobalIntelligence and Information OperationsInstant Mobile Communications, Applications and Training
Visit Our WEBSITE for more!http://www.TheNationalNetworker.com
Capital, Traffic Building, International Customers and unique SERVICES.
The National Networker Publications™ produced by TNNWC Group, LLC
Resources for Business Planning, Development, Capital and Growth

Forward/Share This Article With Colleagues And Social Media:
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Blog Archive

BNI News Feed

The Emergence of The Relationship Economy

The Emergence of The Relationship Economy
The Emergence of the Relationship Economy features TNNWC Founder, Adam J. Kovitz as a contributing author and contains some of his early work on The Laws of Relationship Capital. The book is available in hardcopy and e-book formats. With a forward written by Doc Searls (of Cluetrain Manifesto fame), it is considered a "must read" for anyone responsible for the strategic direction of their business. If you would like to purchase your own copy, please click the image above.

Knowledge@Wharton













Site Credits:


Featured in Alltop
ALLTOP Business
News Wire. HOT.
Cool Javascript codes for websites
KeepandShare.com(R)  Fabulous Free Calendars

Create FREE graphics at FlamingText.com