TNNWC ENTREPRENEURIAL PUBLICATIONS

TNNWC Publications And Informational Products Division publishes The National Networker (TNNWC) Weekly Newsletter and The BLUE TUESDAY Report especially for entrepreneurs and early-stage venturers; free weekly subscriptions to these informative publications are available online to all entrepreneurial Members of TNNWC.

Membership in TNNWC is free (it's automatic for any subscriber to any TNNWC Publication) and available at our website. When you arrive there, just click on any of the JOIN US or BECOME a MEMBER buttons or links.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

BLUE THING #10: BACKTALK: Comments From Our Readers

BACKTALK™: Comments From Our ReadersYour Feedback. Your Input. Your Turn.

NEW: At the bottom of every TNNW article, we now feature a "click-on" COMMENT ON THIS ARTICLE button. We want your opinion on every article and every author!

Be a part of our growing GICBC -- our GLOBAL INTERNETWORKED COOPERATIVE BUSINESS COMMUNITY.


COMMENT On This Article!

Here are some of your comments on our recent TNNW articles:

Teri Aulph: Beyond the Cubicle - Corporate Culture
Culturally speaking...are you where you need to be?

"
I agree with Terri about the importance of company culture. But I do not believe that many companies use culture (or the employees personality) as a basis for hiring. If they did you would find your workforce to much more highly engaged. To me, the company culture is one of the 3 primary ingredients of an engaged workforce. The other two are the leadership styles practiced in the organization and the employee expectations. "Thanks for a well done article..."
- Dave Meyer

"Totally agree that corporate culture match is essential. This is especially true for Millennials who want to make sure that the company really practices what it espouses."
- Jan Ferri-Reed


"As a long-tome corprate recruiter, and now longitime career coach, I wholeheartedly agree with the fot issue being key not only in the hiring decision (other quaifications being equal), and then on both ends in terms of retention and employee satisfaction/engagement. Sometimes it is something that my clients take a while to see. They finally uncover that their frustration or burning out is often due to that misalignment. I see this more with boomers as they are more of my audience on career transition. Good article!"
- Jill Bergquist, PCC



Dr. Ivan Misner:
Networking Success
How And Where People Network

"Thanks for pointing out this article.

The findings all makes good sense to me. Before I do add a couple of comments let me say that I am deaf and it’s getting worse so I have difficulty hearing in a crowded room a. 20 – 30 people are indeed more than enough for me and that’s typically the size of our BNI Chapter - Carron. b. The article does not tackle one to ones – just two people exchanging their strengths and getting to know one another. This mode is key to me. c. Our company develops application software tailored to the client’s requirements. It’s half way between a service and a product and this has impact on our sales opportunities d. As the service/ product is specific we need to install in most cases at the client’s site and therefore our clients are inevitably local in the article’s sense e. I do do a lot of on-line networking but mainly in response to articles on Linked In for example. Articles that I feel I have to comment on and other responders can be global often in the US f. I do however resent approaches which start like ‘Have a look at my blog ….’ These are far too often straight sells and are an immediate turn off. Despite a. I am looking forward to International Networking Week in February – there’s usually a quiet spot that I can lead a networker off too!"
- Mike Vickers,




Rick Itzkowich
: Being There When it Counts
How many opportunities are you missing?

"
When I first started on LinkedIn, I would link with people I just met or barely knew to build my network. Then I got a few requests from connections that I didn't remember who asked me for recommendations or introductions to certain closer, high-placed contacts of mine. It put me in an awkward position in relationships I valued. I remember a LinkedIn expert recommending that when you accept a connection consider whether you would feel comfortable recommending or referring that person to other connections because that's why people want to link. I don't think I have to know someone personally, but I do feel that I have to know something about them, either from correspondence or posts. However, I never refuse an invitation, just archive it, so the requester won't be penalized."
- Terry Matz


"I agree with Linking to people that you do not already know, but I do think you should find out more about how you may be able to help one another first. In my searches, I find people that have the same interests (maybe a fellow alumnus from college/high school or someone with a similar target market). Here is an example of a message that I sent last week to a woman who graduated from my college: 'I came across your profile as I was searching for human resource professionals within the [my college] community'. Although I found many profiles fitting that description, I chose to send you a message because it is evident that you appreciate the 'human value" within a corporation.'"
- Eric Roberge



On a Recent TNNW's Newswire and Press Release Service Announcement Written by our Media Mogul (Mongrel), Douglas Castle:

"This is interesting ... as a print and digital/HD visual PR / Multimedia promotions - I was surprised to see the charges of PR Web and PR Newswire - the industry’s dominant broadcast media. They seem to have become powerful channels to a large potential audience because when they started, I did use their distribution expertise. "Agreed - in order to optimize press releases the headline must be catchy and well written. A slight edit with the keywords, hyperlinks and powerful quotes gives it credibility in the submission process, while know where to submit it to the target geographical and vertical markets. Tracking and re-publish it is a matter of being focused and consistent. "Is the NATIONAL NETWORKER and BLUE TUESDAY Report moving towards building a superior service ? I usually deal directly with the editors and publishers with news stories ..."
- Vinanti Sarkar Castellarin


COMMENT On This Article!

FREE NEWSLETTER

Published by THE NATIONAL NETWORKER Newsletter. All rights reserved. Subscribe Free For Your TNNW Newsletter and THE BLUE MONDAY REPORT! - Click HERE.
The National Networker Companies
Forward/Share This Article With Colleagues And Social Media:
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Blog Archive

BNI News Feed

The Emergence of The Relationship Economy

The Emergence of The Relationship Economy
The Emergence of the Relationship Economy features TNNWC Founder, Adam J. Kovitz as a contributing author and contains some of his early work on The Laws of Relationship Capital. The book is available in hardcopy and e-book formats. With a forward written by Doc Searls (of Cluetrain Manifesto fame), it is considered a "must read" for anyone responsible for the strategic direction of their business. If you would like to purchase your own copy, please click the image above.

Knowledge@Wharton













Site Credits:


Featured in Alltop
ALLTOP Business
News Wire. HOT.
Cool Javascript codes for websites
KeepandShare.com(R)  Fabulous Free Calendars

Create FREE graphics at FlamingText.com