TNNWC ENTREPRENEURIAL PUBLICATIONS

TNNWC Publications And Informational Products Division publishes The National Networker (TNNWC) Weekly Newsletter and The BLUE TUESDAY Report especially for entrepreneurs and early-stage venturers; free weekly subscriptions to these informative publications are available online to all entrepreneurial Members of TNNWC.

Membership in TNNWC is free (it's automatic for any subscriber to any TNNWC Publication) and available at our website. When you arrive there, just click on any of the JOIN US or BECOME a MEMBER buttons or links.

Friday, June 26, 2009

FRANCE: What is Your Contribution?

by Thierry Mazué
French Bureau Chief

Business success rarely happens overnight. From my own experience, I can tell it took time and hard work. In addition to this, when I take a look at the past 20 years, I can tell you this: Things I'm most proud of are the people I had a chance to help.

I am not looking for any kind of recognition here. It's really about them. It might have been on a business or personal area, but what really made a difference each time has not been money, deals or successes. Most often, it has been time spent in order to help somebody else: with an issue with their boss, or with a customer.

Over time, what happened is that whenever I could manage helping them solve that issue, I never asked for any kind of return. From time to time, I told them straight away: You don't owe anything to anyone, especially me.

Enough about me. I want to tell you a story about a guy I know, Alain.

Alain joined the 1st BNI chapter I created in my town. He is a successful lawyer and has been an extremely consistent provider to his business group. I can tell he gives qualified referrals all year long. He is one of the 5 top producers in his BNI chapter.

We had a conversation once. I wanted to get to know him better, know the man besides the businessman. What I've learned really impressed me.

He is part of the 10th Family association.

Where I live, he and other people found out that whenever you select 10 families, one is often going down, having severe problems, for whatever reasons. The most frequent scenario is this: Dad looses his job, and the family starts struggling financially. No more vacations, children start to feel the hard times are here, they are not longer doing so well at school, it gets hard keeping the family home...

As soon as they detect the situation, 9 other families gather and find out ways to give the 10th family real support. I am talking about support, warmth, real human relations. This is not about money. The 9 families stay focused on helping the 10th one until it's back on tracks.

And guess what : you'll never know who was the 10th family... until it's actually part of the association, helping another 10th family and the members of the family tell you.

What a beautiful contribution this is! I can't find a better to network. Can you imagine this? After recovery, this family starts helping others in the very same way they have been helped. Gratitude is definitively a core value here.

And my question to everyone of us will be: When was the last time I've helped somebody, and told them after: You don't owe anything to anyone, especially me?

From Paris, France
Thierry Mazué
Referral Institute: France

For more information, please see Thierry's TNNW Bio.



*******
Posted to THE NATIONAL NETWORKER (TNNW). All rights reserved.

To subscribe for your free TNNW Newsletter, go to http://www.thenationalnetworker.com/ For the complete National Networker (TNNW) Relationship Capital Toolkit and a free continuous RSS feed (available either by traditional RSS or by direct email), go to: http://thenationalnetworkerweblog.blogspot.com/

You are also invited to click our buttons:
Subscribe to THE NATIONAL NETWORKER
Link To THE NATIONAL NETWORKER
The NATIONAL NETWORKER Toolkit
TNNW WEBSITE
-------
Forward/Share This Article With Colleagues And Social Media:
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Blog Archive

BNI News Feed

The Emergence of The Relationship Economy

The Emergence of The Relationship Economy
The Emergence of the Relationship Economy features TNNWC Founder, Adam J. Kovitz as a contributing author and contains some of his early work on The Laws of Relationship Capital. The book is available in hardcopy and e-book formats. With a forward written by Doc Searls (of Cluetrain Manifesto fame), it is considered a "must read" for anyone responsible for the strategic direction of their business. If you would like to purchase your own copy, please click the image above.

Knowledge@Wharton













Site Credits:


Featured in Alltop
ALLTOP Business
News Wire. HOT.
Cool Javascript codes for websites
KeepandShare.com(R)  Fabulous Free Calendars

Create FREE graphics at FlamingText.com