TNNWC ENTREPRENEURIAL PUBLICATIONS

TNNWC Publications And Informational Products Division publishes The National Networker (TNNWC) Weekly Newsletter and The BLUE TUESDAY Report especially for entrepreneurs and early-stage venturers; free weekly subscriptions to these informative publications are available online to all entrepreneurial Members of TNNWC.

Membership in TNNWC is free (it's automatic for any subscriber to any TNNWC Publication) and available at our website. When you arrive there, just click on any of the JOIN US or BECOME a MEMBER buttons or links.

Saturday, January 10, 2009

LASTING IMPRESSIONS: Letting Go…

Lasting Impressions with Sian Lindemann

The Art of Letting Go is an often occurring conversation these days, as we move into very different times in the financial and business world, for 2009.


I share with you an article I submitted to the Social Traffic Group http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=786410054#/group.php?gid=29368022143&ref=ts

with whom I am involved on Facebook, a wonderfully friendly and pro-active social networking site on the worldwide web.


It may or may not have an impact for you, but in the times ahead, for each and every artist, it is essential to blaze a trail with the vision you hold dear, make your work visible, and HAVE the kind of impact this artist, David Martorelli, had on me 20 years ago.


Your “voice” will soothe, awaken, and inspire humanity to move into more cooperative and authentic interaction, as what I have witnessed among a unique group of people who have joined and participated in The Social Traffic Group on Facebook.


Led by a very creative and innovative company based out of Australia, Simon U Ford defines for us a “successful” and viable new way of working together, world wide.


In order to act and to participate in the shifting paradigms upon us, it is first, essential to let go of those things that no longer serve our work, personal life and other areas…


ENJOY !!!


Letting Go....it has been about 20 years since this event occurred, and it was pivotal. I lived on Maui, then, owning and operating a chain of retail art galleries. I was involved with the galleries for about 10 years...I lived a perfect life, with the perfect husband, perfect kids, perfect clothes and perfect hair, ( especially, the perfect hair)…AND this day, unlike others, I had arrived in the store to view a new collection of works we had just displayed by artist, David Martorelli....an amazing surrealist, then from Maui, also.

With again, perfectly appointed lighting, placement and décor, of course, I RAN into the gallery this day, as in those days I was always in a hurry to get everything done, and I RAN to gaze upon David M's new collections...I had, what later, I came to understand as a complete and total spiritual epiphany. I mean the kind, where the day before this, had the conversation of God been presented, I would have stated, vehemently, "Talk to the hand" and get on with what ever else I was involved with.


In this moment I was profoundly, absolutely and completely taken over by the thought of "MORE", as if the sky above my head had been opened, the heavens revealed, and an understanding of the complete and entire universe and all of its construction, the angels were singing and I imagine, you get the drift… I was stunned to silence.


I did not understand this then, but is that not what art is supposed to do, LIFT, inspire, and AWAKEN?....David Martorelli's works had grabbed me, as if by storm, and I knew without a doubt, in that moment, that my life was going to change dramatically, and I had an inkling that it was not going to be delicate.


Original Fine Art Oils

By David Martorelli

Contact www.siandesign.com


Ultimately this event had a catalytic urgency for me to feel the need to give review to "what" I was doing and "why…." and I 'm not really sure where those questions arose from, simply that which had occurred was now a very LOUD internal voice and was directing and requesting my every step, from that moment on.


The guidance was "LET IT GO"...now….and apparently I had a new name, as I was hearing SIAN…..Let it go…”


Not being a participant in anything relative to spirit, spirituality, religion or otherwise, it was a particularly unnerving experience to HAVE an internal voice, and it was particularly unnerving to have it call me by some wierd name, SIAN, ( my given name was Susan Jon) and then, to have it directly request for me to LET IT GO...

My response was, “who the hell is SIAN and LET GO OF WHAT...?”


Of course, as I was to discover, Sian, is a name that relates to that which just occurred to me. In time, it made sense. I researched all of the derivatives of Sian, and came to the Mayan meaning that defines the name as “where the sky is born” …That is exactly what happened to me, the sky over my head opened up as if a Bolt of lighting divined right into my brain.


Let it GO now meant, Letting GO of what I had understood was everything I had worked for, everything I had acquired, all the money, all the things, all the supposed fame and glory that came with opening, running and operating a chain of successful galleries on the idealic island of Maui, my marriage, my kids, my stuff, my collection of more shoes than Imelda Marcos…..the request remained the same…”let it go”


Later that year, after much turmoil and confusion, I might add, I did, of course meet new people and with them, have a few new experiences that helped me to understand what LET IT GO, meant, WHAT had happened to me, What might now occur and WHAT, of course could be my “future”?


This was with the help of a psychiatrist, that my husband insisted I visit. ( Luckily unbeknownst to me or to him, she doubled as a “transformational” counselor.) I was unable to explain to him what was occurring in my thinking process, and was certainly unable to explain a newly found understanding of “my place in the universe.” He thought I had gone crazy, which was really confusing because for the first time in my life, I felt sane, and everything made sense. There seemed to be an order to things, and the life that I was living was as far from that order, as could be.


I discovered a new found state of vision, understanding, and visionary psychic capabilities which unnerved me, yet their presence and their understanding was really “right.” It was all just “right” somehow.


Since it all felt “right,” I decided I would just adopt the “let it go” agenda and THAT I did, in a BiG way.


I let it ALL go, the stores, the stuff, the marriage, the name, the kids, the dog, the shoes and everything, but as I got closer to the remaining few items, I asked the “VOICE” if it would be okay to keep just a “few” things…like my car, for instance…


“And could I keep those cute little dishes I collected from Japan”?


The Voice said ( and who was this voice, anyway) “OH yes…. Sian


Can I keep my stereo, some of my shoes…..my jewelry?


“OH yes…. Sian


Can I keep some of my 5 closets worth of clothes?


"Oh yes… Sian"


And so I did, and off I drove into the sunset into what was to become a brand new world……


However, ( and this is how I KNOW God has a sense of humour) In less than 30 days, that car, those clothes, those cute little Japanese dishes, the stereo and everything else which all just so happened to BE in the car at the time, were all stolen and the vehicle was driven off the cliff into the ocean at Pauwela Lighthouse on Maui, only to drift straight down to the bottom of the ocean, never to be seen again.


Let it GO, meant Let it ALL go, everything, absolutely, and NOW…. I did, however, enjoy the humour with which spirit did allow me a 30 day window to get used to the idea of operating from nothing so that I could BE myself without the imposed idea of some identity that I had conjured up that no longer suited me and was not authentic.


Hmm…funny, now, I am in the same business, I still cultivate and promote artists, but it is all for very different reasons. With a 20 year absolute, ruthless, and without reserve dive into the nature of creation, my own self – discovery, and personal development, I come back to the world, and I came back to the art world in a very different manner…


Let it Go, meant LIVE Big. Dream Big, Act NOW and IN significant ways, most of all Tell the truth, and BE authentic, and definitively HAVE a sense of humour.


I did not know, then, why my awakening was so Absolute. I did not know for many years that it would be so valuable. What I do know, is that if I had not let go of that life, and that assumed identity, I would not now be discovering the richness that life has to offer. It was worth it. It changed my world in every way. It changed my understanding of creation, and it gave me LIFE.


And I hope for you, that you don’t need to have your car driven off a cliff to recognize that “letting go” simply meant, be yourself, listen to your intuition, live passionately, LOVE profoundly, and take risks to try and to create the unimaginable…for it IS good, and it IS possible.


With love and sincere wishes for a most prosperous NEW YEAR


Sian Lindemann, 2008

www.SianDesign.com


___________________________________________________________________

Posted to THE NATIONAL NETWORKER. To subscribe for your free newsletter, go to www.TheNationalNetworker.com. For the complete National Networker Relationship Capital Toolkit and a free, continuous RSS feed (available either by traditional RSS or by direct email), go to: http://thenationalnetworkerweblog.blogspot.com. You are also invited to click our buttons:
The NATIONAL NETWORKER Toolkit
TNNW WEBSITE
Forward/Share This Article With Colleagues And Social Media:
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was asked recently whether this event really happened. It was also suggested that by posting this content, it was embarrassing, and was thus, making me a liability for the newly formed Social Traffic company.

As we evolve spiritually, and as "miracles" become the norm, I welcome the criticism, for even I could not have made this stuff up
Thanks for your view, sir

Sian Lindemann
sl.edbd

Blog Archive

BNI News Feed

The Emergence of The Relationship Economy

The Emergence of The Relationship Economy
The Emergence of the Relationship Economy features TNNWC Founder, Adam J. Kovitz as a contributing author and contains some of his early work on The Laws of Relationship Capital. The book is available in hardcopy and e-book formats. With a forward written by Doc Searls (of Cluetrain Manifesto fame), it is considered a "must read" for anyone responsible for the strategic direction of their business. If you would like to purchase your own copy, please click the image above.

Knowledge@Wharton













Site Credits:


Featured in Alltop
ALLTOP Business
News Wire. HOT.
Cool Javascript codes for websites
KeepandShare.com(R)  Fabulous Free Calendars

Create FREE graphics at FlamingText.com