Let’s face facts, Facebook can be great to help you market your small business. It is the most popular social media networking site on the web and according to Facebook’s official facts, the following is true:
• There are over 750 million active users and growing daily.
• 50% of active users log on to Facebook on any given day.
• People spend over 700 billion minutes per month on Facebook
• The average Facebook user has 130 friends.
• The average Facebook user creates 90 pieces of content each month.
• More than 30 billion pieces of content including web links, news, stories, blog posts, notes and photo albums are shared each month.
Based the facts above, have you created a Facebook business page yet? This is your opportunity to show up in more Facebook search results as well as promote your business and connect with your prospects, customers and clients on a more personal level. If you have not yet started to create your business Facebook page, here are a few tips to help get you started:
1. Set up a page (formerly known as Fan Pages) and now called simple Pages where members can “like” the page instead of becoming a fan.
2. Decide on the type of page you want to have and give it a name. Check the box indicating that you have the authority to represent the person, business or brand you are setting a page up for or simply click on “Create Official Page”.
3. Customize your page and add your photo or logo as well as basic information about your business or the product or brand you want to promote. Keep in mind that this is the page you want your customers, clients and prospects to see, not the page where your friends will look for personal information about you.
4. Invite your business Facebook friends to “like” your new page and include those personal connections on Facebook that may not be familiar with your business and are the people you want to know more your business or to interact with them in a business capacity.
5. Use one of the many social plugin widgets available from Facebook on your company or personal website to promote your Facebook page.
6. If you have a blog or newsletter for your business, post a link to the Facebook page inviting your readers to connect with you on your Facebook page so you can interact with those people on a more personal level. Don’t forget to add a link to your Facebook page to your standard email signature and cross-link with Twitter.
7. Remember to add content often – once or twice a day to your Facebook page as your readers are looking for new content and you want to engage with them and have them come back often. Post news or stories related to your business to make it interesting.
You now have 7 steps to start creating your business Facebook page. Social media is here to stay and the more ways you can connect with your prospects, clients and customers in conversation, the greater the likelihood of creating a relationship that will ultimately lead to sales and clients. If you don’t have the time to do this, hire a virtual assistant. Facebook could be the marketing method you have been missing.
Rhonda L Sher: The Sloganator Rhonda L Sher was born talking. She fell in love with words as a child and has never stopped communicating since. Her father once commented that she was vaccinated with a phonograph needle. Not only has Rhonda inherited her father's humor, but it's that quick wit that has become the signature that has helped propel her clients to stardom.Acclaimed Keynote and workshop leader, Rhonda has authored two books, "The 2 Minute Networker" and "The ABC's of LinkedIn," "Get LinkedIn or Get Left Out" as well as numerous action guides, articles, workbooks, jingles and corporate slogans.
In addition to writing, Rhonda uses her gift of gab as a featured keynote speaker, consultant and corporate trainer throughout North America. She has successfully taught hundreds of business men and women on the art of business networking and written hundreds of elevator pitches and slogans.Rhonda's greatest talent lies in her ability to create fabulously catchy slogans that are memorable, upbeat, easy to repeat and create instant brand identification. In addition to the books, audio and video, Rhonda creates slogans and taglines for her clients which are memorable, bring them business and make them, money. She works with you to create a corporate slogan for your business that sets you apart from your competition. Her creativity and energy will tap into your customer's mind and have your phone ringing off the hook with new business.
Rhonda's Products can be previewed at:
For complete tactical and strategic business planning, marketing, media, lead-generation, technological and capital resources, scalable solutions and tools to support every entrepreneurial start-up, young enterprise, small- to medium-sized business and emerging high-growth company, talk to the Advisors and Experts at TNNWC Group, LLC. We are a collaborative entrepreneurial, creative organization offering you hands-on, personalized assistance in every aspect of achieving your monetization, profitability and financial sustainability objectives, domestically and globally. We don’t just “coach” you or offer you pre-packaged, push-button solutions – we listen to you, analyze your exact needs, and work within your scale of operations and your budget to: (1) create your optimal tool kit , and (2) work as your partner (with our sleeves rolled up) to implement your plan by supporting you in the most efficient and productive use of every tool. Visit our website, which is located at http://www.TNNWC.com To receive your Free Subscription to our critically- acclaimed business newsletters, publications, information bulletins and alerts, simply join us as a Member. Two of our most widely-read publications include The National Networker (TNNWC) Weekly Newsletter, and The BLUE TUESDAY Report. Every Subscriber automatically receives Free Membership. Membership will grant you access to our unique suite of business planning, business-building, business promotion, business cost-reduction, business capitalization and strategic planning services, as well as entry to our expert management consulting services. These benefits are unequalled anywhere. Just go to our home page, and click on the “JOIN US” button. Find out about what WE can do for YOUR growing enterprise -- we are recognized advocates, champions, thought-leaders, writers and keynote speakers on such timely subjects as social networking and relationship-building, traffic -building, social media buzz, branding, developing international trading and joint venture relationships -- and structuring and obtaining alternative forms of capitalization. We are on top of every significant business, regulatory, technological, social and consumer trend worldwide. At TNNWC, we have a specific orientation: We Solve Problems. We Help Our Clients To Achieve Their Goals And Objectives. Prosperity. Peace. Collaboration. Sustainable Solutions For Continuous Growth™. Subscribe. Join Us. Visit Us. http://www.tnnwc.com/. You can access our free supplemental RSS FEED by clicking *HERE*
Forward/Share This Article With Colleagues And Social Media: