Are you a Mac or a PC when it comes to networking? Now you may find this an interesting question when it comes to the way people interact in social situations. In my opinion, every social situation is an opportunity to network. I recently had a discussion with my boyfriend over the difference between the way men and women think and act in business and social situations. We discovered that I am a Mac and he is PC. Knowing which you are can be a huge advantage in the way you deal with people. It can put dollars in your pocket if you know which operating system drives the people you meet – PC or Mac.
Now you may wondering what I mean by this. It sounds crazy but after doing some research which is outlined below, all of what we found out about each other is confirmed through a survey done by Hunch. How people act can easily be an analogy for whether they are a Mac wanting to be a PC or a PC wanting to be a Mac or just comfortable as they are.
Regardless of whether your operating system is a PC or a Mac, it may be a challenge to understand a person with the opposite operating system. With a little information and understanding, it can be done. The result will be that you will attract more prospects and clients and close more business simply by knowing which operating system is being used and adapting to it. How do you interact with people you don’t know (yes, do what your mother taught you not to do, and “talk to strangers”) and use your natural thought processes? The following information about Mac and PC users will help you decide if you are a Mac or a PC. Either way, you are equipped with all you need to grow your business through networking.
Here are some facts put together by Hunch and reported by Mashable, from 700,000 users visiting Hunch.com:
• About 52 percent of respondents said they used a PC, compared to only 23 percent who said they used a Mac.
• Mac users are overwhelmingly younger. PC people are 22 percent more likely to be between the ages of 35 and 49 while Mac people are 22 percent more likely to be between 18 and 34.
• Mac people are more urban. 52 percent of Mac people live in the city while PC people are 18 percent more likely to live in the suburbs. Twenty-one percent of PC people live in rural areas.
• Politically, 58 percent of Mac people are liberal while only 36 percent of PC people describe themselves that way.
• Of PC users, 54 percent have completed at least four years of college, compared to 67 percent of Mac users.
• 26 percent of PC people say they prefer to fit in with others, Mac people are 13 percent more likely than their PC counterparts to say they want to be perceived as unique and different.
• PC people are 23 percent more likely to say they seldom throw parties, while Mac people are 50 percent more likely to say they frequently throw parties.
• PC people are good at math. They are 38 percent more likely than Mac people to say that have an aptitude for mathematical concepts while Mac people are 12 percent more likely to say their verbal skills are stronger than math skills.
• PCs favor impressionist art while Macs like modern art. 71 percent of PCs describe themselves as casual while 32 percent of Macs describe their style as either upscale, chic, designer, unique or retro.
• Mac people are 80 percent more likely than PC people to be vegetarian.
• 36% of PC people are liberal
• 58% of Mac people are liberal
• PC people are 43% more likely to say that working with computers is akin to struggling to learn a foreign language.
• Mac people are 21% more likely to consider themselves computer savvy gearheads.
Looking at all this information in the context of whether you are talking to a Mac or a PC can make the difference between whether you simply take a bite out of the “apple” in conversation with someone or really get to it’s core. Whether you do this for business or personal reasons, you are more likely to get the results you are seeking. So figure out if you are a Mac or a PC or even a crossbreed and you will be wired for sound and ready for business.
So this Mac is looking forward to hearing from you and meeting you on the internet highway when you send me your thoughts. I can be reached at Rhonda@twominutenetworker.com. Until then, I will be on my iPad in my unique outfit, getting ready to throw a party and have a vegetarian networking lunch.
Rhonda L Sher: The Sloganator Rhonda L Sher was born talking. She fell in love with words as a child and has never stopped communicating since. Her father once commented that she was vaccinated with a phonograph needle. Not only has Rhonda inherited her father's humor, but it's that quick wit that has become the signature that has helped propel her clients to stardom.Acclaimed Keynote and workshop leader, Rhonda has authored two books, "The 2 Minute Networker" and "The ABC's of LinkedIn," "Get LinkedIn or Get Left Out" as well as numerous action guides, articles, workbooks, jingles and corporate slogans.
In addition to writing, Rhonda uses her gift of gab as a featured keynote speaker, consultant and corporate trainer throughout North America. She has successfully taught hundreds of business men and women on the art of business networking and written hundreds of elevator pitches and slogans.Rhonda's greatest talent lies in her ability to create fabulously catchy slogans that are memorable, upbeat, easy to repeat and create instant brand identification. In addition to the books, audio and video, Rhonda creates slogans and taglines for her clients which are memorable, bring them business and make them, money. She works with you to create a corporate slogan for your business that sets you apart from your competition. Her creativity and energy will tap into your customer's mind and have your phone ringing off the hook with new business.
Rhonda's Products can be previewed at:
For complete tactical and strategic business planning, marketing, media, lead-generation, technological and capital resources, scalable solutions and tools to support every entrepreneurial start-up, young enterprise, small- to medium-sized business and emerging high-growth company, talk to the Advisors and Experts at TNNWC Group, LLC. We are a collaborative entrepreneurial, creative organization offering you hands-on, personalized assistance in every aspect of achieving your monetization, profitability and financial sustainability objectives, domestically and globally. We don’t just “coach” you or offer you pre-packaged, push-button solutions – we listen to you, analyze your exact needs, and work within your scale of operations and your budget to: (1) create your optimal tool kit , and (2) work as your partner (with our sleeves rolled up) to implement your plan by supporting you in the most efficient and productive use of every tool. Visit our website, which is located at http://www.TNNWC.com To receive your Free Subscription to our critically- acclaimed business newsletters, publications, information bulletins and alerts, simply join us as a Member. Two of our most widely-read publications include The National Networker (TNNWC) Weekly Newsletter, and The BLUE TUESDAY Report. Every Subscriber automatically receives Free Membership. Membership will grant you access to our unique suite of business planning, business-building, business promotion, business cost-reduction, business capitalization and strategic planning services, as well as entry to our expert management consulting services. These benefits are unequalled anywhere. Just go to our home page, and click on the “JOIN US” button. Find out about what WE can do for YOUR growing enterprise -- we are recognized advocates, champions, thought-leaders, writers and keynote speakers on such timely subjects as social networking and relationship-building, traffic -building, social media buzz, branding, developing international trading and joint venture relationships -- and structuring and obtaining alternative forms of capitalization. We are on top of every significant business, regulatory, technological, social and consumer trend worldwide. At TNNWC, we have a specific orientation: We Solve Problems. We Help Our Clients To Achieve Their Goals And Objectives. Prosperity. Peace. Collaboration. Sustainable Solutions For Continuous Growth™. Subscribe. Join Us. Visit Us. http://www.tnnwc.com/. You can access our free supplemental RSS FEED by clicking *HERE*
Forward/Share This Article With Colleagues And Social Media: