One of the most overlooked ways to grow your business is public speaking. I think I came out of the womb talking but I know that for many people. public speaking truly can make a difference. There are so many benefits to speaking in front of your target market yet it is so often ignored as a method of attracting new business because public speaking is one of the greatest fears that people have. This article is not going to address how to get over the fear of public speaking since there are many resources on that topic but what it will address are the benefits of getting out there and speaking to your target market. If you have not considered public speaking as a way to grow your business, the place to start is by asking yourself the following questions:
- Do you have a topic that you consider yourself to be an expert on?
- Can you put together a 20 to 30 minute entertaining talk that will educate and entertain your audience?
- Do you know what groups or associations are in your area that invite speakers to talk to their groups on a regular basis?
- Can you write a simple script to contact those associations and organizations that need speakers on different topics where your specialization would be of interest?
- Do you have a one sheet or one page that tells who you are, what your background is and contains some testimonials about you as well as a current photo of you and/or your products?
Public speaking has many benefits. Here are just a few to get you to seriously start thinking about being a public speaker:
- Exposure as an expert in your field.
- Building your list of raving fans
- Educating those who don’t know you about your expertise
- Positioning yourself as the “go to” person in your field
- Having an opportunity to sell your books or products after your presentation
- Using speeches as a way to make new contacts
- Creating a presence in your community such as teaching a class for your local chamber of commerce
- Opportunities to teach adult education classes on your topic of expertise which may lead to new business opportunities
- Taking your speeches and creating articles from them that you can post on the internet in blogs, on websites and social media sites
- Providing a reason to send out press releases and use social media to let others know where and how to hear you speak on your topic of expertise
Rhonda L Sher: The Sloganator Rhonda L Sher was born talking. She fell in love with words as a child and has never stopped communicating since. Her father once commented that she was vaccinated with a phonograph needle. Not only has Rhonda inherited her father's humor, but it's that quick wit that has become the signature that has helped propel her clients to stardom.Acclaimed Keynote and workshop leader, Rhonda has authored two books, "The 2 Minute Networker" and "The ABC's of LinkedIn," "Get LinkedIn or Get Left Out" as well as numerous action guides, articles, workbooks, jingles and corporate slogans.
In addition to writing, Rhonda uses her gift of gab as a featured keynote speaker, consultant and corporate trainer throughout North America. She has successfully taught hundreds of business men and women on the art of business networking and written hundreds of elevator pitches and slogans.Rhonda's greatest talent lies in her ability to create fabulously catchy slogans that are memorable, upbeat, easy to repeat and create instant brand identification. In addition to the books, audio and video, Rhonda creates slogans and taglines for her clients which are memorable, bring them business and make them, money. She works with you to create a corporate slogan for your business that sets you apart from your competition. Her creativity and energy will tap into your customer's mind and have your phone ringing off the hook with new business.
Rhonda's Products can be previewed at:
Powered By TNNWC Group™For complete tactical and strategic business planning, marketing, media, lead-generation, technological and capital resources, scalable solutions and tools to support every entrepreneurial start-up, young enterprise, small- to medium-sized business and emerging high-growth company, talk to The National Networker Companies™/ TNNWC Group, LLC.
We are a collaborative entrepreneurial, creative organization offering you hands-on, personalized assistance in every aspect of achieving your monetization, profitability and financial sustainability objectives, domestically and globally.
We don’t just coach you or offer you pre-packaged, push-button solutions – we listen to you, analyze your exact needs, and work within your budget to: 1) create your tool kit and 2) work as your partner to implement your plan by supporting you in the most efficient and productive use of every tool.
Visit our website, which is located at http://www.TNNWC.com .
To receive our newsletters, publications, information bulletins and alerts, simply join us as a Member. Membership is free and the benefits are unequalled anywhere.
Just go to our home page, and click on the “JOIN US” button.
Capital, Traffic Building, International Customers and unique SERVICES.
The National Networker Publications™ produced by TNNWC Group, LLC
Forward/Share This Article With Colleagues And Social Media: