How can you separate yourself from others who do what you do? In the world of networking, being an expert at what you do can set you apart from your competition.
Being an expert can also mean that you can charge more than others and it also can mean you have an “expertise” in something. That is one of the reasons that I stress Rhonda’s Rule, “the smaller the niche, the more you get rich.” Specialize in an area and get known as the “go to” person and you will have more clients, customers and prospects knocking at your door.
The benefits to being an expert are many. They include:
- Being known as a trusted expert
- Being interviewed by radio, television, magazines and other media
- Being invited to speak at conferences
- Getting more referrals
- Being asked to write articles or quoted in articles
- Converting prospects into customers and clients
So how do you establish yourself as an expert in your field to gain the benefits of being an expert?
Here are several things you can do to set yourself apart from your competition and establish yourself as an expert:
- Write a blog. Let others know what you do and give valuable information in your blog. Put your blog on your LinkedIn page and write on others’ blogs.
- Post tips or write a white paper about the topic you are an expert on that will help your readers. Think about what your ideal customer or client wants to know and then write about it. This will separate you from your competition.
- Get as many recommendations as you can for your LinkedIn page. Remember that what others say about you is 1000 times more powerful than what you say about yourself.
- Become a public speaker. Put a one sheet of the topic you are an expert on and offer to speak for organizations about the subject you know the most about. Ask for testimonials on a sheet of paper after you speak and for permission to post them.
- Write an online newsletter and keep in touch with your prospects, clients and customers. Put an article in the newsletter that tells your readers information that will be helpful for them and establish you as the “go to” expert.
- Put on free seminars or workshops on the topic that you are an expert on. Invite clients, customers and prospects. The more information you share, the more people will perceive you as an expert.
- Create a meet-up group and share information with those who are interested in your topic. Meet-up groups can be on any topic and those that are seeking information on a topic on which you are an expert will be drawn to your group. Be sure to organize your group effectively and keep to the topic that you are the expert on.
- Offer free teleseminars, tip booklets and other ways you can share your knowledge with those who seek it.
- Network with your power partners – those people who are targeting the same market as you but are not competing with you. They are your best source of referrals and if you are the person they are networking with, it is more likely that you will be their “go to expert” that they will refer.
- Become visible in your community, joining service organizations, chambers of commerce and other groups and associations and take a position of leadership. Remember that people do business with those that they know, like and trust. Establish credibility in your community and your status as an expert will elevate you to stand above the competition.
Rhonda L Sher: The Sloganator Rhonda L Sher was born talking. She fell in love with words as a child and has never stopped communicating since. Her father once commented that she was vaccinated with a phonograph needle. Not only has Rhonda inherited her father's humor, but it's that quick wit that has become the signature that has helped propel her clients to stardom.Acclaimed Keynote and workshop leader, Rhonda has authored two books, "The 2 Minute Networker" and "The ABC's of LinkedIn," "Get LinkedIn or Get Left Out" as well as numerous action guides, articles, workbooks, jingles and corporate slogans.
In addition to writing, Rhonda uses her gift of gab as a featured keynote speaker, consultant and corporate trainer throughout North America. She has successfully taught hundreds of business men and women on the art of business networking and written hundreds of elevator pitches and slogans.Rhonda's greatest talent lies in her ability to create fabulously catchy slogans that are memorable, upbeat, easy to repeat and create instant brand identification. In addition to the books, audio and video, Rhonda creates slogans and taglines for her clients which are memorable, bring them business and make them, money. She works with you to create a corporate slogan for your business that sets you apart from your competition. Her creativity and energy will tap into your customer's mind and have your phone ringing off the hook with new business.
Rhonda's Products can be previewed at:
Powered By TNNWC Group™For complete tactical and strategic business planning, marketing, media, lead-generation, technological and capital resources, scalable solutions and tools to support every entrepreneurial start-up, young enterprise, small- to medium-sized business and emerging high-growth company, talk to The National Networker Companies™/ TNNWC Group, LLC.
We are a collaborative entrepreneurial, creative organization offering you hands-on, personalized assistance in every aspect of achieving your monetization, profitability and financial sustainability objectives, domestically and globally.
We don’t just coach you or offer you pre-packaged, push-button solutions – we listen to you, analyze your exact needs, and work within your budget to: 1) create your tool kit and 2) work as your partner to implement your plan by supporting you in the most efficient and productive use of every tool.
Visit our website, which is located at http://www.TNNWC.com .
To receive our newsletters, publications, information bulletins and alerts, simply join us as a Member. Membership is free and the benefits are unequalled anywhere.
Just go to our home page, and click on the “JOIN US” button.
Capital, Traffic Building, International Customers and unique SERVICES.
The National Networker Publications™ produced by TNNWC Group, LLC
Forward/Share This Article With Colleagues And Social Media: