How do you stay remembered by the people you meet? Sometimes it is a simple as having a memorable slogan. The hard part is coming up with that tag line or slogan that brings you top of mind. When you think of your good neighbor, it is State Farm that comes to mind.
When you think of “Just do it”, Nike comes to mind. Paying a high price advertising firm to do this for you is not the solution that most entrepreneurs and small business owners can afford. If coming up with a slogan is not as natural for you as breathing (and that is true of most people) why not follow the steps below and create one yourself?
Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Brainstorm every slogan that you can possibly think of that applies to your business without making judgment. Ask others for their ideas of the slogans you thought of and for their ideas. Keep a list.
- Take some time to look at your list and ask others for their opinions. See if the tagline or slogan you came up accurately describes you or your business and has a ring to it that makes it memorable.
- Give it a few days and don’t think about your slogan or tagline. Take a break and then go back to it. Look at the ideas you brainstormed and see what makes sense and what doesn’t. Eliminate those that are dull, don’t have a ring to me, are not memorable or simply don’t associate you or your image with those words.
- Take the top 3 to 5 slogans that you selected from your brainstorming and see where you can improve on them, using rhyme, slang, or just a simple phrase and then pick the one that stands out from all others.
- Fine tune your slogan so that it is short, simple, to the point and most of all memorable. Do you best to put your company or business name as part of the tagline.
- When possible, tell your benefits in your slogan. A great one that I saw for a jewelry sales person was, Get the bling without the ChaChing at Lia Sophia Jewelry. For fast service, just give Angie a ring.
Remember, your slogan is part of your branding. Take time to create a slogan that will make it easy for others to remember you and do it with a smile. When it comes to creating a terrific tagline, you’re it. Go out and have some fun creating one. You are just one slogan and two minutes from next great tagline.
Rhonda L Sher: The Sloganator Rhonda L Sher was born talking. She fell in love with words as a child and has never stopped communicating since. Her father once commented that she was vaccinated with a phonograph needle. Not only has Rhonda inherited her father's humor, but it's that quick wit that has become the signature that has helped propel her clients to stardom.Acclaimed Keynote and workshop leader, Rhonda has authored two books, "The 2 Minute Networker" and "The ABC's of LinkedIn," "Get LinkedIn or Get Left Out" as well as numerous action guides, articles, workbooks, jingles and corporate slogans.
In addition to writing, Rhonda uses her gift of gab as a featured keynote speaker, consultant and corporate trainer throughout North America. She has successfully taught hundreds of business men and women on the art of business networking and written hundreds of elevator pitches and slogans.Rhonda's greatest talent lies in her ability to create fabulously catchy slogans that are memorable, upbeat, easy to repeat and create instant brand identification. In addition to the books, audio and video, Rhonda creates slogans and taglines for her clients which are memorable, bring them business and make them, money. She works with you to create a corporate slogan for your business that sets you apart from your competition. Her creativity and energy will tap into your customer's mind and have your phone ringing off the hook with new business.
Rhonda's Products can be previewed at:
Powered By TNNWC Group™For complete tactical and strategic business planning, marketing, media, lead-generation, technological and capital resources, scalable solutions and tools to support every entrepreneurial start-up, young enterprise, small- to medium-sized business and emerging high-growth company, talk to The National Networker Companies™/ TNNWC Group, LLC.
We are a collaborative entrepreneurial, creative organization offering you hands-on, personalized assistance in every aspect of achieving your monetization, profitability and financial sustainability objectives, domestically and globally.
We don’t just coach you or offer you pre-packaged, push-button solutions – we listen to you, analyze your exact needs, and work within your budget to: 1) create your tool kit and 2) work as your partner to implement your plan by supporting you in the most efficient and productive use of every tool.
Visit our website, which is located at http://www.TNNWC.com .
To receive our newsletters, publications, information bulletins and alerts, simply join us as a Member. Membership is free and the benefits are unequalled anywhere.
Just go to our home page, and click on the “JOIN US” button.
Capital, Traffic Building, International Customers and unique SERVICES.
The National Networker Publications™ produced by TNNWC Group, LLC
Forward/Share This Article With Colleagues And Social Media: