1. The smaller the niche, the more you get rich. Determine who you want to work with and make sure that group of people is targeting your same market but not competing with you. It is the easiest way to to get and give referrals.
2. Be shameless. How many of your friends, business associates, family members and others have no idea what you do or who would be a good referral for you. Wear a shirt with the name of your company on it or in your correspondence or email, make sure you have your professional signature somewhere on it. You might even consider putting a license plate frame with your tagline and website or even a magnetic sign on your car.
3. Remember the two most powerful words in the dictionary: thank you. Say thank to those you give you referrals even if they do not turn out to be actual business. It is so powerful to send a small gift, a handwritten note or pick up the phone. People love to be acknowledged so remember to say thank you.
4. Get off your “ask” and use it to let others know you need referrals and do business by referral. Ask others if they can help you by giving you referrals. Make sure that the people you ask are raving fans of yours and that you have earned the right to ask for referrals. People are not mind readers and often do not know that you would like to receive their referrals. Teach them what a good referral is for you and ask them if you can contact the person they are referring directly and use their name.
5. Find 3 or 4 power partners and meet with them on a regular basis to share referrals. This strategy is worth its weight in gold when you realize that your job is to help others by giving them the best possible referral to the professionals they want to meet. Those professionals are doing the same for you.
6. Touch, touch touch. Create a relationship marketing system that touches the people you know who can be your best referral sources on a regular basis. You can do this with newsletters, cards, calls, email, videos and so many other ways. Do not be selling, be sharing by keeping your name and face if front of those who are likely to send you referrals.
7. Ask open ended questions. When you meet people, make it a point to learn who they are, where they go, what makes them different from others and how you can help them. It opens the door to friendships and create rapport. Once you know more about people, you can help them. This gives you the right to ask for referrals at a later date. Always remember to give first. It is the secret to getting what you want.
8. Be a perpetual student. Read books on referrals, sales, networking and so much more. You will always learn something new and if you attend a live class, it is a great way to find other like-minded individuals who are also looking to grow personally and professionally. It is also a great topic to share with those you meet. You will never be at a loss for something interesting to say when networking.
9. Initiate a mastermind group. This can be your secret weapon to getting referrals. Hand pick those you want to join you in your group. Set the rules, keep everyone accountable and meet on a regular basis. Mastermind groups can be a powerful way to get and give referrals.
10. Join a networking group which has power partners or those people who target your market in the group. Take a role of leadership and you will get referrals. Be clear on what a good referral is for you and make a point of bringing in qualified referrals for others in the the group.
It is not a race to get referrals but a slow steady process to keeping your prospect pipeline full.
Rhonda L Sher: The Sloganator Rhonda L Sher was born talking. She fell in love with words as a child and has never stopped communicating since. Her father once commented that she was vaccinated with a phonograph needle. Not only has Rhonda inherited her father's humor, but it's that quick wit that has become the signature that has helped propel her clients to stardom.Acclaimed Keynote and workshop leader, Rhonda has authored two books, "The 2 Minute Networker" and "The ABC's of LinkedIn," "Get LinkedIn or Get Left Out" as well as numerous action guides, articles, workbooks, jingles and corporate slogans.
In addition to writing, Rhonda uses her gift of gab as a featured keynote speaker, consultant and corporate trainer throughout North America. She has successfully taught hundreds of business men and women on the art of business networking and written hundreds of elevator pitches and slogans.Rhonda's greatest talent lies in her ability to create fabulously catchy slogans that are memorable, upbeat, easy to repeat and create instant brand identification. In addition to the books, audio and video, Rhonda creates slogans and taglines for her clients which are memorable, bring them business and make them, money. She works with you to create a corporate slogan for your business that sets you apart from your competition. Her creativity and energy will tap into your customer's mind and have your phone ringing off the hook with new business.
Rhonda's Products can be previewed at:
Powered By TNNWC Group™For complete tactical and strategic business planning, marketing, media, lead-generation, technological and capital resources, scalable solutions and tools to support every entrepreneurial start-up, young enterprise, small- to medium-sized business and emerging high-growth company, talk to The National Networker Companies™/ TNNWC Group, LLC.
We are a collaborative entrepreneurial, creative organization offering you hands-on, personalized assistance in every aspect of achieving your monetization, profitability and financial sustainability objectives, domestically and globally.
We don’t just coach you or offer you pre-packaged, push-button solutions – we listen to you, analyze your exact needs, and work within your budget to: 1) create your tool kit and 2) work as your partner to implement your plan by supporting you in the most efficient and productive use of every tool.
Visit our website, which is located at http://www.TNNWC.com .
To receive our newsletters, publications, information bulletins and alerts, simply join us as a Member. Membership is free and the benefits are unequalled anywhere.
Just go to our home page, and click on the “JOIN US” button.
Capital, Traffic Building, International Customers and unique SERVICES.
The National Networker Publications™ produced by TNNWC Group, LLC
Forward/Share This Article With Colleagues And Social Media: