TNNWC ENTREPRENEURIAL PUBLICATIONS

TNNWC Publications And Informational Products Division publishes The National Networker (TNNWC) Weekly Newsletter and The BLUE TUESDAY Report especially for entrepreneurs and early-stage venturers; free weekly subscriptions to these informative publications are available online to all entrepreneurial Members of TNNWC.

Membership in TNNWC is free (it's automatic for any subscriber to any TNNWC Publication) and available at our website. When you arrive there, just click on any of the JOIN US or BECOME a MEMBER buttons or links.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Sometimes You Have to Quit to Win | BNI


The alarm clock rang at 5:45 a.m.; I showered, dressed and quickly sipped my wife’s coffee and was out the door within the hour. I was off to another chamber breakfast event and had to be there a little early since I had volunteered to be an ambassador. Two days later I was on a similar schedule rushing to get to one of the two service organizations I had joined. I was actually a member or actively involved with six different network groups and many of them had evening mixers or fundraisers as well

Three years ago, when I had committed to make network marketing a main part of my overall business development strategy, I jumped into as many groups as I could. I read several books on the topic and followed the advice of many of the professionals which I met at these events and the consensus was always to join as many diverse groups as possible. It made perfect sense to me and I got out there and engaged. Keeping this goal in mind, I was busy running around town almost four days a week and usually another three evenings which meant my family was getting the short end of what was emotionally and physically left of me at the end of the day. To make matters worse, I wasn’t getting that many referrals from all my efforts. Over dinner one night, my wife asked me two simple questions which made me rethink my whole strategy. The two simple questions were: what I was trying to accomplish and were the groups I was a member of going to contribute to my goals? Simple questions yet it urged me to consider what direction I was going and with some analysis it became obvious I was spinning my wheels without even realizing it.

As a finance broker, I have a specific target sphere of people that can be end-clients or partners in building new clients. Many of the groups I was in were primarily made up individuals selling consumer products; they were rarely going to meet the sales manager, chief financial officer or business-to-business manufacturers which are key contacts to my success. Of course, I did meet a few of these target individuals but “a few” was not worth the cost, time and effort to meet them.

I revamped my plan and decided to make three main changes to my networking efforts which provided great results:

1) I identified all the target market contacts which were valuable to building my business. This list wasn’t just types of customers; it was also business partners which pursued a similar market as me. It was just as valuable to connect with someone pursuing the same market where we could share our database with each other and co-op on sales calls as it was to meet a direct client.

2) I made a “time budget” or schedule in which I specified the number of hours a week and evenings that I would spend networking. I left open three weekday evenings for my family and the entire weekend except for some Saturday mornings. My family knew when I would be around and when I wouldn’t and I had their support.

3) I researched different organizations in a ten mile radius by visiting meetings, talking to their membership and attending their popular events along with whatever I could learn about them online. After I had a good comfort level that I knew what the group was about, I selected three to join. I knew from my “time budget” that three groups were all I had time for if I was going to actually be an active member. All the other groups that were taking up my time with little return were eliminated.

Now, my schedule is much more balanced, the family is happy, I’m less fatigued and I’m getting 30% more business with less than half the effort compared to my previous schedule. I pour my energy into the groups I’m in because I have more energy to give and I know I’m in the right circle for my particular business. Leaving the groups that I had become a part of was difficult because of the friendships but on a straight business decision, this was a case where I had to quit in order to win.


Lester Salvatierra is a Finance Broker and Director of First U.S. Finance (www.FirstUSFinance.com). He helps small to mid-size companies get the money they need to lease or finance new equipment and special projects. He is also a BNI Area Director in Ventura County, CA. Lester@FirstUSFinance.com Ph: 805-217-9896



BNI
With over 5,500 active chapters, and over 100,000 members throughout every populated continent worldwide, BNI is the largest and most successful business referral organization in the world. BNI was founded in 1985 by Dr. Ivan Misner and the organization, which allows only one person from each profession to join a chapter, offers members the opportunity to share ideas, contacts, and most importantly, referrals. Last year alone, members of BNI passed 6.2 million referrals, generating 2.6 billion dollars’ worth of business.

For more information on BNI, please visit http://www.bni.com/ or call BNI Headquarters at 909.608.7575.

Links:
~ BNI Store - http://store.bni.com/
~ Blog - http://www.networkingnowblog.com/
~ BNI SuccessNet Newsletter - http://www.bnisuccessnet.com/
~ BNI Twitter page - http://twitter.com/BNI_Official_Pg
~ BNI Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/BNIOfficialPage
~ NetworkingNow - http://www.networkingnow.com/


Powered By TNNWC Group

For complete tactical and strategic business planning, marketing, media, lead-generation, technological and capital resources, scalable solutions and tools to support every entrepreneurial start-up, young enterprise, small- to medium-sized business and emerging high-growth company, talk to The National Networker Companies™/ TNNWC Group, LLC.

We are a collaborative entrepreneurial, creative organization offering you hands-on, personalized assistance in every aspect of achieving your monetization, profitability and financial sustainability objectives, domestically and globally.

We don’t just coach you or offer you pre-packaged, push-button solutions – we listen to you, analyze your exact needs, and work within your budget to: 1) create your tool kit and 2) work as your partner to implement your plan by supporting you in the most efficient and productive use of every tool.

Visit our website, which is located at http://www.TNNWC.com .

To receive our newsletters, publications, information bulletins and alerts, simply join us as a Member. Membership is free and the benefits are unequalled anywhere.

Just go to our home page, and click on the “JOIN US” button.



Membership is FREE!The NATIONAL NETWORKER™The BLUE TUESDAY Report™The NATIONAL NEWSPICKER™LEFT, RIGHT and CENTER™Customer Experience PracticeSpecialized Financing & Credit EnhancementEmerging Enterprise Venture Capital Program™Merchant Payment Processing SolutionsNews Releases, Publicity and Public RelationsBUZZWORKS™ - Branding and Social Media DominationMarket Research, Surveys and PollsAssessment ToolsBLOGWORKS™ - Expand Your Search Engine Presence, Positioning and CredibilityAdvertise with Us!Selected Service ProvidersInternational Connections Service - Go GlobalIntelligence and Information OperationsInstant Mobile Communications & ApplicationsCooperative Business Community
Visit Our WEBSITE for more!http://www.TheNationalNetworker.com
Capital, Traffic Building, International Customers and unique SERVICES.
The National Networker Publications™ produced by TNNWC Group, LLC

Forward/Share This Article With Colleagues And Social Media:
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Blog Archive

BNI News Feed

The Emergence of The Relationship Economy

The Emergence of The Relationship Economy
The Emergence of the Relationship Economy features TNNWC Founder, Adam J. Kovitz as a contributing author and contains some of his early work on The Laws of Relationship Capital. The book is available in hardcopy and e-book formats. With a forward written by Doc Searls (of Cluetrain Manifesto fame), it is considered a "must read" for anyone responsible for the strategic direction of their business. If you would like to purchase your own copy, please click the image above.

Knowledge@Wharton













Site Credits:


Featured in Alltop
ALLTOP Business
News Wire. HOT.
Cool Javascript codes for websites
KeepandShare.com(R)  Fabulous Free Calendars

Create FREE graphics at FlamingText.com