So you have heard of LinkedIn, probably even set up an account but are confused how you can use it to grow your business. You are not alone. LinkedIn now has over 100 million customers and rumors are saying that it may be a public company one day soon. So how can you use this social media giant in your business to accelerate your business? Here are a few ideas to get you started:
1. Get online recommendations from your satisfied customers and tell them you would like to publish their recommendations on your LinkedIn profile Better yet, invite them to LinkedIn and ask them to write their raving reviews for you and you in turn will do the same for them if you can.
2. Remember the golden rule of keeping in touch with the people who are most likely to look you up on LinkedIn. You can drop them a handwritten note, call them, send them a recommendation or simply make an introduction of value. Keep in touch with those in your network to stay top of mind.
3. Be a groupie. Search LinkedIn groups directory to find the industry associations and networks to participate in. You can tell your connections about events that are happening or even create an event and invite the people in your group to attend. It can be live or a webinar. Use the group function to maximize the circle of people you want to know.
4. Be an expert by answering questions in the area you are most knowledgeable about. This is a great opportunity to provide your expertise to prospective customers who may find you when they use LinkedIn’s advance answer search.
5. Share your blog content on LinkedIn. This is a great place to share what you have written in your blog by connecting it to your LinkedIn profile. It is one of the many applications that you can take advantage of with LinkedIn.
6. Put your LinkedIn url on all your correspondence, email, business cards and more. If your profile makes you stand out from the competition, use it as a way to let others know more about you. Make it easy for people to find you on LinkedIn by putting your url everywhere.
7. Find power partners on LinkedIn. This is a great place to make connections with those people you might otherwise never meet who are targeting the same market as you but not competing with you. Develop a strategic alliance and start sharing referrals. Then watch the magic happen as things and people align and link up.
8. Use LinkedIn when you travel. If you are going to a new city, look for people to connect with in those cities. Reach out to strangers who can soon be friends and watch your referral pipeline fill as you connect your online world with your offline world.
9. Put a video on LinkedIn. It is not as easy as Facebook but it can be done. Separate yourself from the competition and put a personal professional greeting on your LinkedIn page and watch how you can convert visitors into clients and customers simply using the personal touch.
10. Keep your LinkedIn profile up to date. Change your information when things are not current and continue to invite people to your network. Keep LinkedIn alive by using it daily and seeing it for the valuable tool that it is. It is one of the easiest ways to line up your business while getting LinkedIn.
Rhonda L Sher: The Sloganator Rhonda L Sher was born talking. She fell in love with words as a child and has never stopped communicating since. Her father once commented that she was vaccinated with a phonograph needle. Not only has Rhonda inherited her father's humor, but it's that quick wit that has become the signature that has helped propel her clients to stardom.Acclaimed Keynote and workshop leader, Rhonda has authored two books, "The 2 Minute Networker" and "The ABC's of LinkedIn," "Get LinkedIn or Get Left Out" as well as numerous action guides, articles, workbooks, jingles and corporate slogans.
In addition to writing, Rhonda uses her gift of gab as a featured keynote speaker, consultant and corporate trainer throughout North America. She has successfully taught hundreds of business men and women on the art of business networking and written hundreds of elevator pitches and slogans.Rhonda's greatest talent lies in her ability to create fabulously catchy slogans that are memorable, upbeat, easy to repeat and create instant brand identification. In addition to the books, audio and video, Rhonda creates slogans and taglines for her clients which are memorable, bring them business and make them, money. She works with you to create a corporate slogan for your business that sets you apart from your competition. Her creativity and energy will tap into your customer's mind and have your phone ringing off the hook with new business.
Rhonda's Products can be previewed at:
Powered By TNNWC Group™For complete tactical and strategic business planning, marketing, media, lead-generation, technological and capital resources, scalable solutions and tools to support every entrepreneurial start-up, young enterprise, small- to medium-sized business and emerging high-growth company, talk to The National Networker Companies™/ TNNWC Group, LLC.
We are a collaborative entrepreneurial, creative organization offering you hands-on, personalized assistance in every aspect of achieving your monetization, profitability and financial sustainability objectives, domestically and globally.
We don’t just coach you or offer you pre-packaged, push-button solutions – we listen to you, analyze your exact needs, and work within your budget to: 1) create your tool kit and 2) work as your partner to implement your plan by supporting you in the most efficient and productive use of every tool.
Visit our website, which is located at http://www.TNNWC.com .
To receive our newsletters, publications, information bulletins and alerts, simply join us as a Member. Membership is free and the benefits are unequalled anywhere.
Just go to our home page, and click on the “JOIN US” button.
Capital, Traffic Building, International Customers and unique SERVICES.
The National Networker Publications™ produced by TNNWC Group, LLC
Forward/Share This Article With Colleagues And Social Media: