TNNWC Publications And Informational Products Division publishes The National Networker (TNNWC) Weekly Newsletter and The BLUE TUESDAY Report especially for entrepreneurs and early-stage venturers; free weekly subscriptions to these informative publications are available online to all entrepreneurial Members of TNNWC.

Membership in TNNWC is free (it's automatic for any subscriber to any TNNWC Publication) and available at our website. When you arrive there, just click on any of the JOIN US or BECOME a MEMBER buttons or links.

Thursday, August 05, 2010

INTERNET MARKETING: THE SCIENCE OF SUCCESS: How to Take Your Website Off Life Support and Still Get More Business!

Despite the countless success-in-a-box systems that riddle the Internet, you may still feel perplexed about marketing and effective prospecting in the digital age. Let's advance your learning curve with a pretty radical concept... ditching your website once and for all!

A good many of you might be thinking "What the (&*#!) is she talking about?" Am I honestly suggesting that you let your website die a long-overdue and merciful death? Actually, I am.

For those of you wondering if I'm either:

A. a few fries short of a happy meal

B. living under a moss-covered rock

C. both...

let me offer you the following bite of a reality sandwich.

Denial is an effective coping mechanism but it changes NOTHING

So, if you don't want to change anything about your life or your business, then stop reading now!

Most of you have a very worn-out and unhealthy relationship with your website but, like most bad relationships, you're probably afraid to end it despite the fact that it provides little or no revenue or leads.

Are you wondering:
  • "How will I survive alone?"
  • "What if, one day in the future, my website starts giving more than it takes?"
  • "How could I possibly get sales leads without a website? It would be professional suicide!"

Or would it? There are more than five BILLION web sites in existence and the number keep on going up. I know of small business folks who have twenty or more sites and still get no business from them. Okay, I admit it's un-American but... more is NOT always better. The statistics are these: at least 95% of people will fail at their Internet-based business.

Gulp.... Now what? What do you do with a 5% probability of success? You could see those numbers as a reason to give up before you even get started or you could see it as an absolutely HUGE opportunity to step in and take advantage of the consumers who clearly aren't being served by the other 95% of those trying.

You might begin by recognizing that perhaps YOU might do things differently than the status quo and that doing so might lead to DIFFERENT results. But what is it that you should be doing?

Hint: Yes, I am 2000% aware that 85% of web traffic is generated by the search engines and that getting traffic is an ever-escalating fight to the top of the search engine results. Still you do NOT have to have your own individual web site to have a web PRESENCE.

How to have a web presence without a website

I'm writing this article via a website called The National Networker which is a considerable online community of emergent and growing business people. It's not unlike many other sites like Facebook, Ebay or Craigslist where absolutely huge numbers of visitors congregate each day.

What do those top-ranking sites have in common that should matter to you? An aggregated audience. What these sites offer to publishers of content, or sellers of products and services is a huge pool of potential customers in the form of web traffic.

In other words, by publishing this article via The National Networker, I'm finding you where YOU ARE rather than attempting you to come back to my own website to read this article. That's called going WITH the flow.

By including your products and services on web sites where large audiences aggregate allows you to has accomplish something you and I are highly unlikely to accomplish on our own: MOMENTUM, SCALE, SCOPE and last but not least, TRAFFIC. And getting access to that is what you call LEVERAGE!

A site's volume of visitors is a function of its rank with the search engines. The appeal to you is the fact that it has AGGREGATED content which makes for great Google Juice (the yummy stuff that puts a site higher and higher in search results thereby exposing you to far more prospective customers).

When you have a presence on high-ranking sites (or another online community relating to your business sector), you're significantly more likely to generate business as a result. There's power in numbers, and there's safety in numbers too.

Take Away: to leverage the power of the Internet to your own advantage, use someone else's site! Benefit from other's rank, rate of growth and upward momentum instead of struggling to do it yourself.

Action Step: To locate useful sites whose traffic rank you would like to benefit from, you can go to and discover tons of useful information about other sites including audience demographics, important keywords and so forth. With that information in mind, you can decide which sites are appropriate for you to partner with in your Internet Marketing strategy.

Joyanne Sloan is a strategic marketing expert sharing insights on effective Internet marketing for low-tech entrepreneurs. Her articles and information products provide practical, plain-English marketing solutions that get real results. For private consulting, you may reach her at 206.388.3882 or by e-mail at

For more information, please visit Joyanne's TNNWC Bio.

Membership is FREE!The NATIONAL NETWORKER™The NATIONAL NEWSPICKER™LEFT, RIGHT and CENTER™Financing, Credit and Risk ManagementEmerging Enterprises Venture Capital Program™Merchant Payment Processing SolutionsNews Releases, Publicity and Public RelationsBUZZWORKS™ - Branding and Social Media DominationMarket Research, Surveys and PollsAssessment ToolsBLOGWORKS™ - Expand Your Search Engine Presence, Positioning and CredibilityAdvertise with Us!Selected Service ProvidersInternational Connections Service - Go GlobalIntelligence and Information OperationsInstant Mobile Communications, Applications and Training
Visit Our WEBSITE for more!
Capital, Traffic Building, International Customers and unique SERVICES.
The National Networker Publications™ produced by TNNWC Group, LLC
Empowering Emerging Enterprises”

Forward/Share This Article With Colleagues And Social Media:

No comments:

Blog Archive

BNI News Feed

The Emergence of The Relationship Economy

The Emergence of The Relationship Economy
The Emergence of the Relationship Economy features TNNWC Founder, Adam J. Kovitz as a contributing author and contains some of his early work on The Laws of Relationship Capital. The book is available in hardcopy and e-book formats. With a forward written by Doc Searls (of Cluetrain Manifesto fame), it is considered a "must read" for anyone responsible for the strategic direction of their business. If you would like to purchase your own copy, please click the image above.


Site Credits:

Featured in Alltop
ALLTOP Business
News Wire. HOT.
Cool Javascript codes for websites  Fabulous Free Calendars

Create FREE graphics at