TNNWC ENTREPRENEURIAL PUBLICATIONS

TNNWC Publications And Informational Products Division publishes The National Networker (TNNWC) Weekly Newsletter and The BLUE TUESDAY Report especially for entrepreneurs and early-stage venturers; free weekly subscriptions to these informative publications are available online to all entrepreneurial Members of TNNWC.

Membership in TNNWC is free (it's automatic for any subscriber to any TNNWC Publication) and available at our website. When you arrive there, just click on any of the JOIN US or BECOME a MEMBER buttons or links.

Friday, August 14, 2009

SENDING SIGNALS: Be Somebody - Or Be Nobody

SENDING SIGNALS .
by Douglas Castle

Dear Readers:

I recently submitted a letter to a number of groups in the Linked In Network to which I belong. The letter, titled NETWORKING MEDIA AND SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, is reproduced below.

I wrote the letter principally for the purposes of promoting TNNW’s services (please have a look at http://tnnw1.blogspot.com), its weekly publication, and its Founder, Adam J. Kovitz, who likes to have me mention his name as frequently as possible. Secondarily, it is a rather crude attempt at conducting some market research on what subjects and approaches are viable for application on social media, and which simply are not.

By accident, I discovered several things:

1. I really have strong feelings about a number of social issues which are not directly related to generating profits;

2. These feelings are my own, and they are a component of my emotional fingerprint. People may disagree with them, or may heartily nod their heads in a “Yes! Yes! I feel you, brother!” response. These feelings of mine make me the person who I am;

3. My bold expression of these feelings will alienate some people, and will resonate magnetically with others. I may be judged temperamental, opinionated, wrong or politically incorrect. But people will surely judge me. And before they get to that act, they will have had to pay attention to me because I have a) reached them on a visceral, emotional and personal level, and b) because I have differentiated myself from all of the other peddlers and pitchmen whom they have had to endure during the course of an entire day’s social media circus. By expressing myself, I have become Somebody.

In sum, this shoddy piece of writing can be distilled down to this:

Be Somebody, or you’ll just be another nobody.

Be Somebody, and you will get their attention.

I write press releases because I enjoy the challenge of getting my client noticed. The money’s not bad, either.

Faithfully,

Douglas Castle

_____________________________________________________
NETWORKING MEDIA AND SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY - Letter to Linked In Groups.

Dear Colleagues:

Adam J. Kovitz, the Founder of THE NATIONAL NETWORKER COMPANIES (http://www.TheNationalNetworker.com) says that slavery is alive, and unfortunately, doing very well. It sickens me to know that he's right. Please review his article at http://twitlik.com/SLAVERY and let me know your thoughts. I am most grateful.

There are deeper questions which beg to be asked here: We are all here to network, to learn, and to develop business contacts which will lead to mutually profitable relationships. Almost every one of us self-promotes, although some are able to do this with more dignity and subtlety than others. I am not one of them.

Do we, in our roles as entrepreneurs, executives and professionals, have a responsibility (or even a right!) to leverage our communications skills and media tools for the purpose of the betterment of society…and of Humankind? Is this “secondary agenda” an abuse of a business networking forum, or is it a way of re-personalizing networking? Will it repel our audiences, or attract them? Does it “get in the way” of business, or is it an integral part of business? I would appreciate your opinion. These are questions of great gravity and significance.

Thank you.

Douglas Castle
http://aboutDouglasCastle.blogspot.com

p.s. You can get a free subscription to THE NATIONAL NETWORKER Newsletter (a weekly whirlwind of wonders) at http://twitlik.com/OK

For more information, please visit Douglas' TNNW Bio.

Published by THE NATIONAL NETWORKER Newsletter. All rights reserved. Subscribe Free - Click HERE.
The National Networker Companies

Forward/Share This Article With Colleagues And Social Media:
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Yossi Feigenson said...

Douglas, your idea can be crystalized in another way:
You are SOMEBODY; so be that somebody.
Be present, be all in, give of who you are.
Tear down those walls.

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. Castle,

I believe many of us are judged each and every day, more so by our actions than our words; not to take away the power of the written word. How I choose to judge others is by judging ones actions and the perceived intentions behind those actions. In others words, to get to the heart of a situation one must examine the heart of the individual. Also, I am careful to use the word "judge" as I am no ones judge. Each individual should take personal responsibility for their actions and blame no others. Unfortunately in today's society, it is all about...Who can we blame today?

Blog Archive

BNI News Feed

The Emergence of The Relationship Economy

The Emergence of The Relationship Economy
The Emergence of the Relationship Economy features TNNWC Founder, Adam J. Kovitz as a contributing author and contains some of his early work on The Laws of Relationship Capital. The book is available in hardcopy and e-book formats. With a forward written by Doc Searls (of Cluetrain Manifesto fame), it is considered a "must read" for anyone responsible for the strategic direction of their business. If you would like to purchase your own copy, please click the image above.

Knowledge@Wharton













Site Credits:


Featured in Alltop
ALLTOP Business
News Wire. HOT.
Cool Javascript codes for websites
KeepandShare.com(R)  Fabulous Free Calendars

Create FREE graphics at FlamingText.com