TNNWC ENTREPRENEURIAL PUBLICATIONS

TNNWC Publications And Informational Products Division publishes The National Networker (TNNWC) Weekly Newsletter and The BLUE TUESDAY Report especially for entrepreneurs and early-stage venturers; free weekly subscriptions to these informative publications are available online to all entrepreneurial Members of TNNWC.

Membership in TNNWC is free (it's automatic for any subscriber to any TNNWC Publication) and available at our website. When you arrive there, just click on any of the JOIN US or BECOME a MEMBER buttons or links.

Monday, November 19, 2007

Vaulting Beyond Heavy Political Walls

By Ann Barczay Sloan, Women’s Networking Editor Ann's Bio Email article RSS feed

An extraordinary entrepreneur’s adventure

Some folks enjoy keeping up with major players and latest happenings in politics or finance or sports, or the arts and show biz in all its varieties. Though I too follow some of these - for several years I’ve also been fascinated with the innovations and pioneering men and women in the Internet Marketing field.

One day, an unusual story came to my attention. In one of the well-known marketers’ blogs I read about a remarkable young woman - only age 20 or so - who lives in Iran and yet has managed to start her own internet marketing enterprise and has already achieved a measure of success. And all this in spite of being a woman in an Islamic country, having to learn and work fundamentally on her own, plus being hampered by restrictive government regulations. But now her story was out and other IM writers were raising quite a viral buzz about this young entrepreneur over the internet.

I’m fascinated – and determined to find out more!

I quickly subscribed to Ladan’s newsletter, eager to see her information products and also to learn of her latest activities. My curiosity was piqued as I wondered what her daily life in that repressive environment might be like. I especially wondered how she had managed to succeed this far - in spite of the strictures on individual and business activities imposed by the current Iranian regime.

In a flash I decided an interview with Ladan would be a great piece for readers of The National Networker. I also realized that obtaining such an interview to begin with would be (in my humble opinion) a great coup for myself as a writer and TNNW Women’s Networking Editor.

It turned out to be really simple: I wrote Ladan and asked if I could interview her via e-mail. As I see (from her writings) that she’s a great a believer in the power of networking, I knew the magic word “networking” would get her attention!

Ladan responded quickly and graciously. She answered my questions openly – and I am happy to share them with you, our TNNW readers. So – here we are!

As you read her words, you will remember that English is not Ladan’s mother tongue – yet she communicates clearly and with great confidence. I have deliberately not changed her “voice” nor edited out the charm of the way she uses our language.


Forward/Share This Article With Colleagues And Social Media:
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Blog Archive

BNI News Feed

The Emergence of The Relationship Economy

The Emergence of The Relationship Economy
The Emergence of the Relationship Economy features TNNWC Founder, Adam J. Kovitz as a contributing author and contains some of his early work on The Laws of Relationship Capital. The book is available in hardcopy and e-book formats. With a forward written by Doc Searls (of Cluetrain Manifesto fame), it is considered a "must read" for anyone responsible for the strategic direction of their business. If you would like to purchase your own copy, please click the image above.

Knowledge@Wharton













Site Credits:


Featured in Alltop
ALLTOP Business
News Wire. HOT.
Cool Javascript codes for websites
KeepandShare.com(R)  Fabulous Free Calendars

Create FREE graphics at FlamingText.com